Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired LAN in Galway, Come one, Come All

Options
  • 04-08-2007 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Wired GalwayLAN

Wired Gaming
    2 Dominick Street Upper,
    Galway City.

Nearby Locations (to help those who haven't a clue) ;)
    Bierhaus
    Monroes
    Clan Entertainment/Video
    Club Paradiso
    Rosin Dubh
    Stranos
    Costello's Kebab House

So if you frequent any of these fine establishments (or know someone who does) you should find us. ;)

Ticket Cost: €2
    Info:
    Wired Gaming (in assocation with GalwayLAN) will be running it's first LAN, a pre-launch event which is gauranteed* to be good craic.

The LAN will start at 10am on Saturday 1st of September, it will end some time after 2am on the 2nd.

If there is sufficent demand we will run a second day (Sunday 2nd September).

Wired is not just about the games, it's about the people playing them and the social experience they have. Our mission is to make that experience the best possible.

We encourage community participation. That means we want people to take part in Wired, helping to shape what it is and what it will become. Our website is designed with that in mind, giving everyone infomation and a place to suggest, discuss and decide on a variety of topics (including games & events).

Features:
    - 36 Gaming Systems (6 are pre-booked):
    Athlon X2 Dual Core 5600+ (2MB L2 Cache)
    2 GB DDR800 RAM
    Geforce 8800GTS
    nForce 5 Motherboard
    19" Widescreen TFT Monitors
    X7 Gaming Mouse (Select 400 to 1000 DPI)
    Merc Gaming Keyboard

- Three wall mounted 32" Flatscreen HD TVs showing Tournament scores.

- Get involved!
    Wired Gaming is a community based social gaming centre, log onto our website and help shape Wired (and this LAN).

- We may run late into the night (past 2am) if people are interested.

- A free beer in Stranos... j/k ;)

### Dates are subject to change ###
    Start: 2007-09-01 10:30:00
    End: 2007-09-02 02:00:00

Requirements:
    Places are limited and booking is free, so please only book if you are definately planning to go.

To attend this event you must register on our website (www.WiredIreland.com). It's quick and easy, no BS required.

Once registered go to Events and book your place.

Don't forget your €2 entrance fee! ;-)

Games:
    Battlefield 2
    Counter-Strike 1.6
    Counter-Strike Source
    Quake 4
    Company of Heroes
    Supreme Commander
    And more...
    Competitions:
    We will be running Tournaments during the LAN, with prizes such as X7 Gaming Mouses and Vouchers.

What the Tournaments are will be decided by our community on the website.

* This gaurentee is void if the experience does not live up to expectations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

This sounds great, were exactly is it on dominick street, i cant think of were it is and walking along yesterday i was looking out for a place currently underconstruction but no joy.

Plus are ye probably to close to clan?

and anychance will there be console gaming at somestage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Cant. Wait.

edit: cant seem to sign up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

noise restrictions apply !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Sounds interesting - might have a looksie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

sound cool lads.might pop in for a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Where is this place exactly? I've walked twice down by Vinny's chipper,past Clan and Stranos etc checked the other side of road by the Bamboo takeaway and Kebab place but no sign of the joint?

no sign on the place yet it's between the kebab house and bierhaus, and its not the cycle shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Bollacks, I've a 21st on the 1st. Will these lans be frequent or just the once off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 WiredMan

We're not open yet, still working on the premises. The 1st September will be our first time open, hence the LAN to kick start things. :)

Yeah we're between West Ireland Cycling and Paddy Powers (accross the road from Clan) - don't let the front decieve ya, it's bigger than you'd think.

Overview.jpg

We're a community driven social gaming centre, our website is open now if you'd like to get involved.

To sign up for this event you need to register on our website, it's quick and easy. Once registered you can go to "Wired GalwayLAN" on the Events page and book yourself in.

We will have console gaming, but it'll be free as part of our FreePlay Bonus system and not a regular service. What consoles/games we have will be up to the community.

There will be regular LANs (once per month most likely) as well as Tournaments and a continous League.

The League will allow Teams to be created/managed online. These Teams can then Challenge each other to gain positions on the League table.
    Each Team will basically be a mini-clan, each having it's own profile with it's avatar, description, members list, upcoming matches, past matches etc.

The top Teams each week recieve rewards such as FreePlay Points (which can be used for time, discounts and other things). There will also be a larger prize for the Team who has stayed at the top of the League for the longest period each month.

Each Team will be able to send invites to members and members will be able to sent join requests to Teams.

For more details on the League system and to get in on the discussion (it's not yet finalised), check out the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

hey one more question! will there be a smoking area?!

if lans go on into the night surely ye will close the front door, where will i get my nicotene fix then!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 WiredMan

Nope, no designated smoking area. There is a back door leading out to the old well beside the canal though. :)

Also each Member will be given a Wired Gaming Card (this is used to top up, log in/out, use FreePlay Points etc.). If I get the time I'm hoping to tie this into our magnetic door lock, so when we're doing lock-ins or late nights Members will be able to swipe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Thomas o

wired man?what was wiredrabbid took?hehehe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How much is this? If people sign up for sunday i may go then..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Corrent me if I'm wrong but isn't this on the same weekend as WCG in Dublin?

it is.

Advertisement