Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup

Options
  • 04-08-2007 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Btw Shane Horgan is 100-1 in Paddy Power's to be top try scorer. They're paying out 4 places on e/w so I reckon they're very good odds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

daveirl wrote:

Nice plug daveirl.. :)

Just a word of caution for anyone using the spreadsheet outside of the sweep competition - the tables are calculated on a 2pt win 1pt draw basis.. (i.e. not the Super 14 method of point allocation), and there's also provision for bonus points etc..

So at best it can be used as a guide rather than anything definitive..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

dajaffa wrote:
    Btw Shane Horgan is 100-1 in Paddy Power's to be top try scorer. They're paying out 4 places on e/w so I reckon they're very good odds...
    Nice spot. Backed him e/w for 6 nations for a small profit and usually back him to be Ireland's top try scorer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:
    You read the e/w bit yeah? And the try scorer bit?

Carter's nailed on for top scorer...

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

im in a funny situation were I have 1200 euro on ireland to win outright at 30/1 on betfair that i put on a few months ago with a view to laying the odds later cos i knew theyd go down. Its quite a lot of money for me, but it was profit from a stupid bet i put on when i was bored that i lukily won.

But i asked betfair to close my account for 6 months forgetting about this cos i was betting like a spastic. And there is strictly no way of reopening it until december i think when the world cup is over. Were 22/1 now i couldve laid them already and made a profit a without a ball being kicked.

HOw can they close your account if you have bets still standing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

dajaffa wrote:

Those are EXTREMELY good odds... If we win our Pool then this is quite a likely statistic.
    daveirl wrote:

You crazy?! England have no hope of beating SA nor Aus! Their best hope is a modest exit in the quarters..

I have money on SA at 6-1.. tasty!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

dajaffa wrote:

can you only get that bet online or will a shop take it?? i think that is a really good each way bet

Dodge wrote:
    HOw can they close your account if you have bets still standing

well its not really closed, you just cant login for 6 months

'Should you need to take a break from gambling, we provide a self-exclusion facility. Self-exclusion means that your Betfair account will remain closed for a minimum period of six months, and will not be reactivated under any circumstances during the exclusion period (unlike a standard account closure request). '

If Ireland somehow managed to won the world cup, id win 36 grand though:eek: :D

Cheers, didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is Horgan likely to play against the cannon fodder teams in the group, or will the first XV be saved for games against France and Argentina.

I could see players from the 2nd XV of the big teams dominating this market by scoring 10+ tries against 'Japibia'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Is Horgan likely to play against the cannon fodder teams in the group, or will the first XV be saved for games against France and Argentina.

I could see players from the 2nd XV of the big teams dominating this market by scoring 10+ tries against 'Japibia'.

The problem is we only have one Cannon fodder team in our group where as most other teams have two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

The problem is we only have one Cannon fodder team in our group where as most other teams have two.

We have 2 aswell. Id hardly call georgia and nambibia anything other than cannon fodder!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Australia at 9-1 seems a good each way bet,they were about 12-1 a week or two ago

Ireland 33/1 on stan James after yesterday. Would make a good each way bet. As low as 14/1 and 23/1 on betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Joe Rockococo 4-1 100euro.He is the most lethal finisher i have ever seen in rugby.He will be on at least 6 tries i'd say by the time the group stage is over considering the all blacks will be playing portugal who comprise off an all amatuer team and romania who lack real quality apart from balan in the front row the all blacks will steamroller both these teams and could well do a nuber on scotland and italy aswell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I for 1 will be shouting for the Aussies to top Group B, i put a few grand on em at 8-11 few months back - they are 1-3 now. Still playin a fired up Welsh team in Cardiff is slightly dangerous though they should pull through.

Regards Horgan being top try-scorer - wake up - not a chance. In a group with France and Argentina - All black Q-F at best - snap out of it. Anyways isnt he injured for the first match. I think ts 50-50 we get out of the group.

Top scorers are defo gonna be form NZ - look at their group - though they will be swapping their teams around until the Q-F.

One of the better bets is SA to beat NZ in the final at 14-1 on Paddy Power. If anyone is gonna stop them it is gonna be SA, maybe France as they are unpredictably brilliant at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭boomboombazza

Warper wrote:
    playin a fired up Welsh team in Cardiff is slightly dangerous though

Regards Horgan being top try-scorer - wake up - not a chance. In a group with France and Argentina -.

Top scorers are defo gonna be form NZ though they will be swapping their teams around until the Q-F.

One of the better bets is SA to beat NZ in the final at 14-1 on Paddy Power. If anyone is gonna stop them it is gonna be SA, maybe France as they are unpredictably brilliant at times.

only man talking sense in the thread. joe rocococo will play only when hes needed in the group stages SO PROBABLY NOT TOP TRY SCORER

horgan is a donkey who in fairness does score tries but he wont be banging them in against the argies or france and then we will loose to nz....if we even get out of the group which i doubt

FRANCE HAVE A SAVAGE WORLD CUP RECORD AND ARE A GREAT BET TO WIN THE WHOLE THING.AS ABOVE THE CAN DESTROY ANYONE ON A GOOD DAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

dajaffa wrote:

can someone explain the e/w rule to me please, i'm a bit new to betting. do you have to pay extra for each extra position that you think he will come?

Btw, argentina look like a good bet at 66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭rickybutcher

NZ will rotate their team for the group games so there is no guarantee anybody will be playing against Portugal. That said, Rokocoko isn't playing against Italy so there is a great chance he'll be playing against Portugal in the All Blacks' second game, 4/1 on Betfair for try scorer is a good bet but there is also Habana at 14/1 which is value imo. Dan Carter for top points scorer at evens isn't value, what if he gets injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

A kicker will most likeky be top scorer. I'm tempted to bet on o'gara

Advertisement