Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Second Hand Cars

Options
  • 04-08-2007 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

my father is thinking of importing second hand cars from the UK and selling them on. he was looking to find out is he under any sort of requirement to offer a guarantee on the cars?

would anyone know who to talk to? thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You should post this over on Motors for a bit of informed feedback but as far as I know the answer is no.

Is this something he has ambitions for? Or is it the odd car now and again? If he is serious then it would be better to be able to offer a warranty for engine/gearbox at least but then he'd have to have an association with a local garage (unless he's handy at oily DIY) and it might all get messy.

What age cars btw? I think there is coverage provided by the manufacturers warranty which holds true regardless of who actually selling the car. Need to check that though.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If he wants to sell these cars to the public, he is going to have to be able to stand over them, which is not quite the same as offering a guarantee, but is very close.

Advertisement