Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beware Fake Nokia Cables CA-* DKU-*

• 04-08-2007 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

I know this is old news for some of you here, but i wanted to post it anyway, because i got fleeced on these recently and i'm upset :P

The fake cables use cheaper technology and can be bought from china for roughly 1 euro a time.
    These cables are being sold by some shops and online phone accessories suppliers for up to 25 euro each!!!

The problem is that the microcontrollers embedded in the interface can be difficult to work with when using Nokia PC suite, or other software written to work with authentic cables.

just look out for them, and dont get ripped off!

Genuine cables:

nokiacables1a.jpg

nokiacables2a.jpg

nokiacables3a.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I saw one of those cables on an Irish site for €50 a while back. My jaw dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320143788161

I just bought one of those off a UK seller with 99.9 percent positive feedback and looking back now, it seems as if people are very happy with those CA-xx cables there. Would the one I bought be classified as very bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

its not that the cables you get won't work, but more that they won't work as well as the real thing, or what the seller claims.

the site i bought mine from had 'Nokia' on the same line as the cable model number, which i feel is misleading..because i thought it was a genuine nokia product.

OK, it didn't say '100% authentic' but you would trust a well established seller to make clear whether it is or not.

I just talked with a guy from the states who said when he inserted a cable into his PC, which came from the same seller i got my cables, it destroyed his motherboard.The cable had a faulty micro-controller.

AFAIK these cheaper cables are not certified or approved for use by Nokia or any other regulatory authority.

they're unreliable and difficult to get drivers for online, and ok..if you get it for 5 quid, its no big loss, but it would be if it damaged your PC.

That listing on ebay shows a picture of a fake DKU-5 which is false advertising in itself.. and guessing from completed listings of 4-5 pounds ending sales, i'd doubt very much if any of them are genuine.

there are alot of these going around it seems.

EDIT: i should add also, the firmware used in these cables is not by nokia, but i guess thats obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

ebay is no better than the worst flea market. it's just a haven for fakes, cheaters and scammers. ebay as a company wouldn't survive without a thtiving counterfeit industry. the company and most people selling are the biggest shower of gangsters you'll ever meet. I have been looking at buying a new phone. I have reported to ebay clear fakes. Apparently thry don't cancel a listing unless the likes of Nokia themselves complain. Their customer service and feedback system is pure crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

flodis79 wrote:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320143788161

I just bought one of those off a UK seller with 99.9 percent positive feedback and looking back now, it seems as if people are very happy with those CA-xx cables there. Would the one I bought be classified as very bad?

pure fake!

• Advertisement
Advertisement