Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TiG] Quack Wars by Digiweb Hosting

Options
  • 04-08-2007 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Wow, it's been a while since I posted on this board...

The Irish Guard have a server running beta 2 of this upcoming fragfest from Splash Damage

ip.theirishguard.com:27733

If you've been lucky enough to obtain a beta key from fileplanet, (could be a few left, get on over there and check it out), then do join us for the Strogg invasion of earth...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Any particular nights and times you lads about? :D And ts or vent server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Someone around most of the time root, ts is games3.iol.ie:8787.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

as good as beta1 was beta2 is way way better. Hit detection has been dramatically improved and now i can kills stuff \o/.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 David K

demo time in 3 days :p

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Was on this tonight. Nice server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

The best tbh :D

and good games max :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Have the Demo, will be on tonight hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

It is not necessary to play on the TIG server ....but Lucutus will help you work out the game if you do ;) .

Good server ...as usual .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Yup, Lucutus is a great help, being an easy frag for newcomers helps build up their confidence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 David K

Maximilian wrote:
    Was on this tonight. Nice server.
    :mad: tis u that was sniping me for ages yesterday at the bridge

had me head wrecked u did :)

[TiG]Ranger

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah, sorry about that. I saw a couple of the same names coming up in succession and was imagining the bad language being uttered in my direction. Trouble is that sniping is so much fun in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Might drop by tonite for a game if I've time. Had a quick game last night on a multiplay server and the game ran quite well. Map loads fairly quick. Looking for a bit of cannon fodder, I'll be your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

might be there meself tonight..dropped in last night but it was after most of you boys left..only grim was there and 2 or three other dudes :(

try catch yas earlier tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I would expect snipers to get shouted at by both sides. By yer opposition as yer a pain in the arse, and by your own team as you wont be helping achieve the objective. But yeah its fun for a while.

A kill is a kill and helps your team however it is arrived at. More specifically though, how can sniping all the engineers before they get near (or just as they start) repairing the MCV, for example, be considered "not helping the team".

I know for my part, I had a great run sniping people left right and centre the other night, delaying the MCV from doing whatever its supposed to do by 5 minutes or so before finally being counter-sniped.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I would expect snipers to get shouted at by both sides. By yer opposition as yer a pain in the arse, and by your own team as you wont be helping achieve the objective. But yeah its fun for a while.
    I disagree. Those f**kers were killing off the engineers from their perch to the right of the bridge. An airstrike tends to get rid of them, though.

Maximilian, were you on last night? I remember killing you...:D:cool:

Oh, I just CANNOT wait for the full game. F**k the BF2 heads, I love this objective based game!

Yeah that was me. That was also me perched above the MCP sniping engineers :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

89.234.64.91:27733.png

I download it Friday and have so far pumped about 15 hours into Vally.

Not a bad game really. Great when teams work together, crap when you're the only engineer repairing the MCP. I'll try out the TiG server one of these nights...

Advertisement