Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Spam

Options
  • 04-08-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone from ITD is on this forum.
    Having a problem with my UL email, problem being i currently have 25187 emails in my inbox!!!
    Dunno how the hell that happened and it seems 99% of them are undeliverable message notices.
    Im completely at a loss as i had about 10 messages when i left for the summer
    Is it possible for ITD to completely wipe my inbox or something ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TheToast

Sure they can, just send them an email ;)

You could connect with an IMAP client like Thunderbird and delete them all but it might take a while for it to download the headers from 25000+ emails.

It's crazy how they only give 10MB email. Anyone with a UL student email account should be careful to never ever use it for anything other than communication with lecturers, otherwise it fills up far too fast.

Better off getting a gmail or joining up with the computer society from the start and just using the student email when you have to (it's where lecturers will email you if they want to so you're going to have to use it anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TheToast

IMAP settings for UL student email:

server: exchstudent1.ul.ie
    port: 143
    username: UL/0712345 (replace with your ID)
    password: same as for logging in on labs outside CSIS
    (CSIS have their own set of logins since ITD doesn't admin those machines)

Advertisement