Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 50" - any good?

Options
  • 04-08-2007 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

saw a samsung 50" hd ready plasma in DID today. I think its the PS50Q92 model. doe's anyone recommend these? Basically want something for NTL and DVD's and maybe connect up the WII for the kids.

thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well from the specs it appears to be of the Q96 series just with another model number for a different region.

Looks pretty decent though keep in mind for a 50" that it has a resolution of 1365x768 and is not a 1920x1080p display if that's on any importance to you. For the stuff you outlined like the DVD and Wii it doesn't really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

elderlemon wrote:
    saw a samsung 50" hd ready plasma in DID today. I think its the PS50Q92 model. doe's anyone recommend these? Basically want something for NTL and DVD's and maybe connect up the WII for the kids.

thanks,

It is a good model of Samsung, on of the better models in plasma anyway. The picture quality on it is very good, sound is also very good. It is well worth the money. Just out of curiousity, how much did you see it for in DID?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

If you do get a HDTV, you'll need the component cable for Wii or it will look like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

DID have it on offer for 1599, which is not a bad deal. May even squeeze a little more out of them. Best price I've seen anywhere around town.
    Duffff-Man wrote:
    It is a good model of Samsung, on of the better models in plasma anyway. The picture quality on it is very good, sound is also very good. It is well worth the money. Just out of curiousity, how much did you see it for in DID?

elderlemon wrote:
    DID have it on offer for 1599, which is not a bad deal. May even squeeze a little more out of them. Best price I've seen anywhere around town.

I think Currys is doing that model for €1499. I will double check that and get back to you on it, but I am nearly €100% sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

1799 in Currys. Guy there tried to tell me that the additional cost was because they had it in stock and there others didn't.
    Duffff-Man wrote:
    I think Currys is doing that model for €1499. I will double check that and get back to you on it, but I am nearly €100% sure.

elderlemon wrote:
    1799 in Currys. Guy there tried to tell me that the additional cost was because they had it in stock and there others didn't.

You do know that Currys will have to price match DID, plus they will give you a little extra for it too. As far as I know the DID store would have to be within a certain range of the Currys store.

Advertisement