Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lidl Stereo - RCA output?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

JohnCleary wrote:
    Does anyone know if it has RCA output?

Answer is I don't know - but why do you want RCA connections?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

crosstownk wrote:
    Answer is I don't know - but why do you want RCA connections?

Because the speakers on my boat are connected to an amp which takes RCA input

Ah right. I know little about audio set ups in boats. But, if your after quality audio reproduction in a car or boat then I'd steer clear of a such a unit.

However, if you just want a music source to 'pipe' music through a boat and aren't to fussy then a unit like this might be ok.

I'm fussy about sound so I'd be inclined to think of a low grade Pioneer/Kenwood/Sony/etc unit with RCA out rather than a LIDL jobbie. Better audio - worth a few quid more if you ask me.

My 2 cents - doesn't answer your question though - sorry :(

Firstly - Boat setup is the exact same as a car. Stereo => Amp => Speakers

Currently have the Lidl Bluetooth one on the boat and it's fine (Have decent amp and speakers), I imagine that the speakers and amp play an important role in decent output (But could be wrong so open to correction)

As you say I just want something to blast out the music. I don't want anything expensive because, as you can imagine, boat's are wet places so there's always the chance the stereo could get soaked :o
    crosstownk wrote:
    Ah right. I know little about audio set ups in boats. But, if your after quality audio reproduction in a car or boat then I'd steer clear of a such a unit.

However, if you just want a music source to 'pipe' music through a boat and aren't to fussy then a unit like this might be ok.

I'm fussy about sound so I'd be inclined to think of a low grade Pioneer/Kenwood/Sony/etc unit with RCA out rather than a LIDL jobbie. Better audio - worth a few quid more if you ask me.

My 2 cents - doesn't answer your question though - sorry :(

JohnCleary wrote:
    Have decent amp and speakers.

Great - very important.
    JohnCleary wrote:
    I imagine that the speakers and amp play an important role in decent output (But could be wrong so open to correction)

They do - no doubt about it. But they are two units in a chain of three - in your case. The amps and speakers can only handle a signal of the quality that is given to them. No amp or speaker set up can make up for a poor input signal.
    JohnCleary wrote:
    As you say I just want something to blast out the music.

All the better if sounds controlled an undistorted :D
    JohnCleary wrote:
    boat's are wet places so there's always the chance the stereo could get soaked :o

Now that's whole different ball game. No point in spending a fortune on something that could be destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

http://www.mysilvercrest.de/foto/support/CRE-719_Manual_EN1_web.pdf

That looks the same as the picture on Lidl, it seemst to have a line out left/right if that's what you're looking for.

Fabritzo wrote:
    http://www.mysilvercrest.de/foto/support/CRE-719_Manual_EN1_web.pdf

That looks the same as the picture on Lidl, it seemst to have a line out left/right if that's what you're looking for.

Yup does look quite like it, fairplay for doing a bit of hunting ;)

When (If) I get one next week ill just open the box, if it doesn't i'll just hand it to someone who'll be glad to take it off my hands

Advertisement