Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tna 02.08.07

• 04-08-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Just wondering for those that saw it, what were there thoughts on the show?

For me it was like the ultimate example of TNA just not getting it. I don't think they ever will get it. There were heck of alot of things wrong with it but nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times before.

However, they stooped to a new low with the show focusing on the Angle family Kurt, Karen and their 4 year old daughter. Kurt basically verbally abused Karen for the whole show and at the very end she left him. It was just brutal in every way to watch.

It was sick given the timing. It wasn't in any way entertaining. It didn't make me want to see Joe versus Angle anymore than I did at the start of the show. It was total ****, even by TNA's standards.

Wade Keller whose usually very controlled on the torch called it a scumbag angle and I agree with him. Anyway I was just wondering what other people thought about it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I watched about 10 mins of it and then my SKY + box messed it up and I couldn`t watch anymore of it which actually happens quite a lot with TNA... I think its God's way of telling me that I could be doing better things with my time than watching TNA!

Anyway, seems to have been a good thing from what I have read about it... Angle is nuts! Involving your wife in an angle is almost a sure-fire way to a divorce in pro-wrestling. And this particular storyline sounds horrendous.

TNA annoy me even more than WWE when they do bad storylines... At least with WWE I understand that Vince is just a pretty sick man but with TNA i don`t get why they follow WWE's lead all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I watched bits of it, it was just stupid. The stuff with Kurt and his wife just isn't something I want to watch or something that will make me interested in an upcoming match. Actually I'm not looking forward to Angle vs Joe at all right now, I feel real bad for Joe in a way

Test debuting makes me want to not watch too. It's funny that he can't use the name Test when he legally changed his middle name to it. I didn't mind him too much on ECW, but there's more talented guys in TNA than there were on ECW and he's taking someone's spot. A ladder match that lasted less then five minutes is stupid too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote:
    Test debuting makes me want to not watch too. It's funny that he can't use the name Test when he legally changed his middle name to it.

Didn't Vince say on the Warrior DVD that just because someone changes their name to a character name doesn't mean WWE no longer owns the rights to it?

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Impact was pretty disgusting alright, I'm surprised Angle ok'ed the wife angle (pun intended :cool: ) considering his history with Benoit. It' just a little creepy and in very bad taste.

Test joining is just another reason to not watch. The latest news is they might scrap the X Division title because of all the heavyweights coming in (Matt Morgan, Test, Mitchell's new guy etc). The only thing about TNA that has been consistently good (except this year) is the X Division and taking away the title would be the worst in a long line of bad moves.

Advertisement