Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vince McMahon is back on Monday

• 04-08-2007 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

After the tradgic limo disaster and Benoit.WWE is starting to look decent again with tripster cumin but suffice to say there won't be a dx when he comes back for a while.Mysterio is back too.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Vince seems to think he makes a difference to the ratings haha sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

EdK wrote:
    Vince seems to think he makes a difference to the ratings haha sad
    well - they were getting their best ratings in a while during the first half of the year, in part because of the Vince vs Trump angle, and then the week after the limo blowing up had massive ratings.

Vince does have a good effect on ratings, cause storylines are setup around his charactor, and storylines (good ones) will get people watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Yawn!, Vince takes over the show and makes himself the centre of attention its rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Tauren wrote:
    well - they were getting their best ratings in a while during the first half of the year, in part because of the Vince vs Trump angle

Yeah true but look who was involved in the build up to WM. Stone Cold as the ref. Foley and the Rock both did promos on the match....Three of the most popular superstars...Which IMO was the reason for the high ratings.....Plus it was a gimmick match.....did anyone think Trump would lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

ec18 wrote:
    did anyone think Trump would lose?

In all fairness to Trump, he did let himself get stunnerred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

ec18 wrote:
    Plus it was a gimmick match.....did anyone think Trump would lose?

Yes they did! Lots of news and entertainment shows covered that angle and predicted that Trump would lose. Therefore people who have never watched wrestling before and have no real concept of it believed that Trump could lose and bought into it thus making it a successful angle. The Trump angle wasn`t successful because it appealed to wrestling fans, it was successful because it appealed to people with no interest in wrestling who tuned in hoping Trump would lose.

You have to understand that most people never watch wrestling and have no idea about how it works. And those ppl are the holy grail for a wrestling promoter.

ec18 wrote:
    Yeah true but look who was involved in the build up to WM. Stone Cold as the ref. Foley and the Rock both did promos on the match....Three of the most popular superstars...Which IMO was the reason for the high ratings.....Plus it was a gimmick match.....did anyone think Trump would lose?
    Granted Stone Cold was a great introduction to the storyline. But Foley is always popping up so i don't think he had much of an impact on the ratings, and no one knew the Rock was going to appear so there is no way he had an impact on the RAW ratings that night. As for it being a gimmick match - so what? Vince knew a storyline where everyone KNEW he would get his head shaved would get ratings so that is what he did - he put himself in that position and it worked, it got ratings. All i can see your post showing is that Vince knows how to boost the ratings in a story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Tauren wrote:
    Granted Stone Cold was a great introduction to the storyline. But Foley is always popping up so i don't think he had much of an impact on the ratings, and no one knew the Rock was going to appear so there is no way he had an impact on the RAW ratings that night. As for it being a gimmick match - so what? Vince knew a storyline where everyone KNEW he would get his head shaved would get ratings so that is what he did - he put himself in that position and it worked, it got ratings. All i can see your post showing is that Vince knows how to boost the ratings in a story.

Yeah it was supposed to show that my problem is with the way he got them using old stars to boost them....Fair enough it did lead to a vince/lashley storyline but that was god awful...The ratings were boosted by Stone cold turning up and the gimmick value of the match not by any increase in the general standard of the show

ec18 wrote:
    Yeah it was supposed to show that my problem is with the way he got them using old stars to boost them....Fair enough it did lead to a vince/lashley storyline but that was god awful...The ratings were boosted by Stone cold turning up and the gimmick value of the match not by any increase in the general standard of the show
    but i never said the standard of the show was increased - I was originally talking about the fact the biggest ratings in a while came because of, in part, a Vince storyline, as the second poster implied Vince can't boost ratings. The Vince storyline from the start of the year leading to WM and the limo incident were massive rating pullers. It doesn't matter what exactly got the ratings in - the people were tuning in to see a Vince storyline. Vince knew what he was doing with the trump angle, he knew what he was doing bringing in Stone Cold and The Rock - and i believe the limo story would have pulled in viewers if not for the horribly unfortunate events that occurred at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Figure 4 says that "there was a major storyline planned before the Benoit tragedy occurred that involved Vince, Linda, Ken Kennedy, HHH, Stephanie and others, and it may be revived starting tomorrow", except now Vince won't be dead. I think I said that on another thread, that I think this thing with Vince has to be some huge angle. Otherwise keep him off my tv

EDIT: Some reports say that they might just pick up the storyline from the point where Vince would have made his return after revealing that he had faked his death. Doesn't make much sense to me

• Advertisement
Advertisement