Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever used a dog-sitter?

Options
  • 04-08-2007 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Oh dear! Dropped my little mutts off to their regular kennels recently to be told that the kennel rates were going to increase by 50%. Ouch!

These kennels have always been very reasonable and they are quite handy for us. But with a 50% price hike kenneling is going to cost €30 per night for both doggies... I've spent less than that on my own accommodation sometimes!

So I'm considering alternatives. Pet sitting could work quite well as the dogs could stay in their own place (one of them in particular is distinctly unimpressed with the boarding kennels ... sparks practically sparking from her bum as she tries to resist being dragged in!) But I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with pet sitting? Or even better, any recommendations (I'd be in the horrors of booking someone who simply didn't turn up)? (I'm in Kimmage)

I've priced a couple of pet-sitting service providers before and they were considerably more expensive than the kennels but they weren't local. I figure going local would cut costs as the sitter wouldn't have to travel so far. Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I'm in Rialto and am about to put my small dog into kennels for 4 days at the end of August. Am a bit stresses about it to be honest. The kennels have come highly recommended but I know the dog won't be a bit amused! I'm interested to hear how your dog sitter search works out. Do they stay in your house or do they just visit a few times a day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 daisy25

Hi all,
    I've just launched a website which allows pet sitters/walkers and pet owners to find each other. The site is free and uses Google Maps so you can find a sitter/walker in your area. You can also post a job describing your needs and allow sitters to contact you.
    The site has just launched so there aren't too many users, but I'm hoping it'll grow as awareness increases.
    If you're thinking of using a pet sitter, pop over to http://www.findapetsitter.net/ and chat with some of the sitters, and hopefully you'll find a solution!

Any questions, just let me know!

Thanks,
    Maria

Advertisement