Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Mail Servers

Options
  • 04-08-2007 11:49pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

Anyone having issues with Digiwebs mail servers for hosted domains ?

I got a couple of error messages on my blackberry this afternoon saying that my account info was no longer valid and to go to the mobileemail site and re-validate. I did this successfully but mail didn't seem to be shipping.

My email setup on the n770 which was working fine this am suddenly started returning and error that it couldn't connect to mail.MYSERVER.com , mails sent from gmail to my domain don't arrive and Thunderbird (and a telnet) shows refused connections.

Strangely a visit to mail.MYSERVER.com (the webmail client) shows an empty inbox and no previous logons....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Why not contact support?

I just use regular ISP smtp to send all my mail and I have my domain mailboxes setup to automatically forward email to my main email account. So I've never used my domain in a direct sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Digiweb's mail servers have been down since yesterday around lunchtime.

I assumed it would be sorted by now, but I assumed wrong. As I type this, I've been on hold to support for approx 30 minutes ("all operators are busy...") and my patience, not to mention mobile credit, is starting to run out.

I too have the empty Inbox when logging in via webmail, which would suggest that the webmail agent can't contact the message store either.

No notification of problems via their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Update: I eventually got fed up on hold and hung up without speaking to anyone.

However, my mail server appears to have sprung back into life now and there are 16 new messages trickling in ... all spam, with timestamps that suggest the mail server came back to life at 1:10 pm this afternoon.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

watty wrote:
    Why not contact support?

That was my first port of call strange as it might seem. But there isn't much support on Saturday nights. So it made sense to see if other folk were having issues as well.
    watty wrote:
    I just use regular ISP smtp to send all my mail and I have my domain mailboxes setup to automatically forward email to my main email account. So I've never used my domain in a direct sense.

Well in this case the domain mailboxes weren't accepting connections so no amount of forwarding would make any difference...

I see now that stuff is filtering through. Next step is to see whether the message stores are affected - herself stores her mail on the server.

I think that Digiweb should put a one-liner on the support page when issues such as this arise - it would take literally seconds..

Advertisement