Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Away for a weekend?

Options
  • 05-08-2007 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I've been going out with my girlfriend a year now,
    the day itself has passed but we didn’t do anything due to complications,
    so we have free range to figure something out,
    Going away for the weekend sounds nice,
    Im in Galway area so somewhere near would be best,
    I think id prefer somewhere self catering-ish rather than a B&B or hotel,
    Like renting a cottage deally or something,
    but anything good will be nice,
    budget I guess is about €500+
    thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Mayo is a nice spot, lovely and secluded. Try looking up Portacloy or Belderrig. Lots to do but ud need a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

my boyfriend and i are going to hotel just outside of brussels for our one year.

due to some good luck with timing and that the whole thing comes to about 500 quid for two and we're going for 5 nights.
    the hotel looks amazing. spa and pool with all sorts of additional treatments you can get

i know you want something near and belgium is pushing it but just in case the idea takes your fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

If you have any links go ahead,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Dunraven arms Adare is really nice they do specials where you get 2nights BandB 2xbreakfast and 1xdinner for around 350 its lovely around there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

You want something casual, relatively romantic and easy to get to. Forget self catering - its too much like aweekend off at home - you still need to clean, wash up and cook!

Renvyle House Hotel would be my choice. - Top class hotel and very casual atmosphere. Small golf course on site as well as pool, tennis and plenty of other activities. - + Free trip to inisboffin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement