Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro [DOS] Games

Options
  • 05-08-2007 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hey, I found this great website recently with many old classic DOS games. I've found many of my old favourites on it including Bioforge, Bart Vs The Space Mutants, and others.

Link: http://www.abandonia.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Even has "The Adventures of Captain Comic"! lol
    I remember growing up thinking that game was great.

Heh, original "Mechwarrior" game too! Wonder if controling the cycles on Dosbox will let me tune the speed :confused: (seriously even on a 486 the game ran so fast you were dead before you even saw the enemy:eek: ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

ahhh, the great Captain Comic! I completed the first episode of it but not the second. The website doesn't have all of the Commander Keans though but I managed to get them all years ago.

Oh yeh, I forgot to mention that you'll need DOSBox to run these. There's another program called D-Fend that runs on top of DOSBox and has extra settings to tweak. Maybe that'll be of more use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I don't see the thread lasting long :p

What on Earth do you mean?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cause abandonware is kind of on the grey side of the rules.

• Advertisement

... ...then how did it get a dot.com domain? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Meh, doubt I'll need those extra settings really, remembered yesterday evening that "Mechwarrior" has a password requirement at the start to try prevent copying of the game, basically it shows one of the mechs and gives a code to which you need to check the manual for the decrypted version of, you get 3 tries before the programme closes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Kiith wrote:
    Cause abandonware is kind of on the grey side of the rules.

Especially since some of the games on there are still being sold (Keen 6 for example..)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Kevster wrote:
    ... ...then how did it get a dot.com domain? :confused:

Cos its piss easy to get a .com domain. There's no checks done whatsoever for .com/net/org.

Advertisement