Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal gift for a Girlfriend

Options
  • 05-08-2007 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

So whats an ideal gift for a girlfriend?

I know that it will be different for everyone, something personal, but i'd like to hear what other people are getting their gf/wife/partner for birthDay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

The ideal gift for anybody is something they would like but would not necessarily buy themselves.

Keep this in mind when choosing and you'll never go wrong. And NEVER get vouchers. (Regarded as a cop-out)

A Silk Dressing Gown from Descamps in Kildare Village outlets? - Usually extremely expensive at about €350, outlet price is about €150. Dreadfully expensive but utterly luxurious. Other option is next door to Descamps, Radley handbags again A girl's bets friend & the staff would advise on best option. - Also on sale at full price in Harvey Nicholls!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The plan is to get her a tailor-made suit. Obviously this needs her co-operation and will not be a surprise.

Only you know what your gf would like - as mccaul said, something she would like but wouldn't necessarily buy for herself. This may not be expensive at all. Unless she's involved in choosing them, I'd steer clear of clothes or jewellery.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv purchased plenty of Jewelery in the last year for my gf. Always go for white gold with diamonds (9ct) and shop for the best looking and the best price. I also got a watch from a UK store (some brandname on the watch, cant recall which) - my aunt brought it over. Its not that expensive, less then 100euro if you play your cards right.

Took the venture of buying a ring (again, white gold with a diamond) which fitted perfectly to :) Also some other stuff, which I wont mention here. ;)

Other then that, handbags are great - small with style but spacious. Thats the key!

EDIT: Also forget to mention, a day out of pampering & perfume.

Advertisement