Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satellite clamp

• 05-08-2007 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I got a positive response when I posted a couple of Motorhome ideas on the motorhomefacts.com site so decided why not share these on boards too.
    For anybody interested here's a simple Satellite clamp made from a suction clamp and and old crutch. Works a treat...

Next up is the TV storage solution

These clamps have multiple uses, I've used them to attach the motorhome table to the outdoor wall and as a place to connect the clothesline to,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

clever idea !

How do you prevent the pole/crutch from twisting in the suction pad/socket?
    Is there a screw fixing somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Friction, it wedges in there quiet tight. I guess a wee splitpin or something would make it even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 aidanmoor

i like it
    good thinking there,
    so were would i be able to pick up sum of these suction cups,
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I bought mine at a market stall while travelling across England, cost me £5. I'm sure the're available from B&Q and the likes. A few on ebay too...I will look out for a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

They are often used for lifting floor tiles in offices with raised floors - so we call them tile lifters. Possibly also used for transporting glass.

z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Fab idea.....well done

Advertisement