Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

But its not my car!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

deegs wrote: »
    I sold my car last December and i just got a fine in the post there as it was seen with no insurance 2 weeks ago....

I did not transfer the ownership as the OP said they wanted the cert, i didnt think twice as i brought a car back from uk and refused to leave without the cert.

how fecked am I? Do i have any ground with the OP?

As it happens, the fine is due to the person in control of the vechicle, not the owner. There is a piece on the back of the fine where you can say who that person was. I did that with the details of the new person and sent it back to the gaurds. I got a letter from the gaurds 2 days later saying I am absolved of any responsibility and will chase up the other person.

Supplementary to this i rang the other dude, and he STILL didnt send of the cert so i explain to the gaurds, they signed the form for replacement docs, i went to the tax office and ordered a new reg cert. I got that two days later and sent it yesterday to Shannon for change of ownership.

Hopefully done and dusted.... but i have learned from this. Trust NO-ONE! :)

Advertisement