Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow County Council Publishing your name!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

When you make a submission regarding planning permission, that's in the public record. It used to be you had to go down to County Buildings and request the file to see the plans and the objections, but they are putting more and more stuff online. Seems to make the process more transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Thats all well and good but they dont need to put peoples names and addresses online also. They coud just say Chalresland submissions where 40 or 50 or whatever number of people submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Very strange

i dont remember making a submission to this but my name appears on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Hot damn. I just got a book from Eircom, which has my name, address, and phone number in it. It seems to have the same for everyone else on my street too!

Oh dear, I've just found it online too on their website!!!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

testicle, you're missing the point and making a smart-arsed unhelpful post.

You can opt out of the phone book. You have no such option if you object to a planning application.

This could be putting people off making objections. This is a serious issue, particularly given the amount of development in the pipeline for Greystones in particular. I would agree with the OP's sentiment that they don't have to put full detail on the website. Surely they don't need to post up the full address of an objector?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I've mailed them about this and it might be worthwhile if anybody else's name is on the PDF to do also.

email: cosec@wicklowcoco.ie

I'll let you know if I get any reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i googled my name too...
    apparently im an author, an actor, an artist, and a CEO of some multi national company....

I didn't realise i was so busy!

Advertisement