Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID games on steam

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

quake4 was raven's baby, don't think it had anything to do with ID bar the doom3 engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Just got this pack yesterday for around 60 euro.
    This pack is Money well spent considering I don't own most of the games, but played them and lost some over the years.

Does anyone else here have trouble changing the resolution in quake 1?
    I entered the specified resolution in the icon properties but the game engine crashes when I load the game.

The .WAD files for the old games are handy because now I am running a Doom 2 source port program to allow playing at my native LCD res of 1280x1024:D.
    This pack should nearly be essential for anyone who calls themselves a gamer:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Cremo wrote:
    normal steam rules apply i think, unless you can run dosbox for the older ones from the steam folder without logging into steam then you should be able to.

i haven't tinkered around with it that much as i've been busy at work.

The source port programs(Zdoom etc) can run the .WAD files from Doom, heretic, hexen etc without steam intervention.
    You can also upscale the resolution to your monitor without screwing up the aspect ratio and texture's, among other options not originally included.
    I say the same holds for quake games too.

Advertisement