Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atms around Cavan

Options
  • 05-08-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I live near the town of belturbet,And our town relies alot on one atm in the town,There is one at a local supermarket and one near main street.....But basically....If one atm goes...the other one goes with it and doesn't work....(Also the shop closes)For me it was nearly impossible for me to get cash in the town and people have to travel to cavan town or Ballyconnel just to get money,I read in the celt that people in cootehill had this problem also.Has anybody ever experinced this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭celt262

The best thing to do is to get your bank to send you out a laser card, you will never be stuck for cash then.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I hear you, there are no ATM's on the street in Shercock at all, only in the Emo filling station on the Carrick road. That one is a good bit out of the way and is nearly always out of order.

As far as I know, our local councillor is trying to have one put in the bank on the Main st., or possibly the credit union but there still is no sign of it happening any time soon.

You could try getting in contact with your local councillor in Belturbet and voice your concerns. Maybe he/she could also push for another one on the street. Also, have you spoken to the bank about the ATM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

I was on to my bank about it but they say its such a busy atm its hard 2 keep it filled which is understable.....On extra hole in the wall might not go a miss.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thedee

well cootehill got another ATM thank god there about 2 months ago but a the town of shercock the other side of cootehill has no ATM, just one in a petrol station which as you said empties quickly and no good if ya need money when the shop is closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

yes, ballyjamesduff has the same problem, we have 2 atms, one for ulster bank and then centra has an independant atm, im not sure if it is managed by a certain bank or not.

the thing with setting up a new atm (i was involved in trying to get one opened up last year on my student campus) is that most banks will claim that in order to open an atm,, a new one will need to have a minimum of 1,000 transactions per day

but yes the best bet for opening one would be your local counsillor

• Advertisement
Advertisement