Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi Q Re: Grants

Options
  • 05-08-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi everyone im a first time poster here and i was just wondering, im going into second year at UCD(as a mature student) and im looking to get a grant, however during the tax year 2006 i earned 20'000. that money went towards funding my first year however i noticed in the grant application form it states that (Applicants must qualify for the ordinary maintenance grant for the academic year 2007/2008 and total reckonable income in the tax year January to December 2006 must not exceed €18,055 net of Child Dependant Allowances and standard exclusions.) will this hinder my chances of getting a grant or will it just mean that im not able to get the top up grant ?

sorry if my message is confusing

yours, even more confused !!!

Comments

Hey Frank,

Yeah, the €18,055 is referring to the Top-up grant (now called the grant for disadvantaged students or something similar). If you aren't eligible for that, you'd be eligible for the 'main' grant which requires a minimum income level of €38,675 I think. All they're saying is that you have to be eligible for the 'main' grant before being eligible for the Top-up grant. So you should be eligible for the normal grant, assuming that you adhere to all the other requirements (residency, age, etc. which I assume you do).

Since you're a mature student, you'll be receiving in the order of €3,420 I think.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Frank Thomas

aah deadly stuff, thanks myth.

Advertisement