Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rodrigo Cardoso!!!!!!!!

• 05-08-2007 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭

RODRIGO CARDOSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone explain this advert to me? You know the Heineken advert where the guy shouts:

RODRIGO CARDOSO

....over and over again!? I'm finding it an incredibly annoying and stupid advert :mad:

Comments

Your not the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Uhmmm, it's the Memory Hotel. He met the guy in a club and he had to keep shouting his name because he couldn't be heard over the music. Hence thats the memory the guy has of him.

Thought it was pretty self-explanatory myself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The ad is about the guys memory/brain. All the random people are memories of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Chinafoot wrote:
    Uhmmm, it's the Memory Hotel. He met the guy in a club and he had to keep shouting his name because he couldn't be heard over the music. Hence thats the memory the guy has of him.

If you haven't seen the first advert then it would be very confusing.

They are pretty stupid adverts though... he has to make room in his head for a bunch of new memories that he won't even be able to remember the next morning as he was so drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Chinafoot wrote:

Yeah thats it, a few people I know asked me to explain it to them. They still don't get it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

If you haven't seen the first advert then it would be very confusing.

Not really though. When he walks in you hear the women's voice say "Welcome to the Memory Hotel"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Heineken kills brain cells, the first ad shows them throwin **** out of the memory hotel!

I really hate these ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

those ads are pure ****e.somebody got paid a lot of money to come up with that crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

when i first saw these ads i was thinking it was a new advert made by diageo to warn people of the fact that drinking can destroy your brain cells,therefore making you forget things if you over do it. Then i saw the heiniken name come up and i was like "wtf?!" why are they promoting the fact that their drink causes you to lose memory. I know that its really to advertise that when you drink heiniken you have such a good time that you have to get rid of all the other boring memories in your head for room but most people just think thats an advert which is warning people of over drinking.

Whoever thought of this advert was an idiot imo

• Advertisement

Yes whoever thought them up was clearly a tool, but then some knob end from heineken saw the pitch for these ads and said thats brilliant. Lets pay lots of money to get them made and broadcast. Even bigger tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement