Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Drudrum Shopping centre car park

Options
  • 05-08-2007 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats going on with the area of the car park thats been sectioned off as if some sort of development was going to happen except there has been absolutely no notice of anything of the sort? Is this the beginning of the redevelopment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Planning permission has been granted ages ago for the complete development of the old centre. It will link to the new centre with a large civic square. Also about 600 apartments are being built on part of the old centre site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

mcaul wrote:
    Planning permission has been granted ages ago for the complete development of the old centre. It will link to the new centre with a large civic square. Also about 600 apartments are being built on part of the old centre site.

There is also going to be a hotel and a leisure plex put there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

mcaul wrote:
    I meant that there has been no notice that the development is beginning, nothing in the local papers anyway.
    Duffff-Man wrote:
    There is also going to be a hotel and a leisure plex put there too.
    I seen some reports that suggest the hotel idea has been dropped.

I've search for details of the plans but can't find any, not on DLRD planning search, the legal advisers, architects, or builders websites (the developers don't have one) and the interweb in general. Not even an artists impression

Contacted the council and the planning guy said that as they're not on the system means that permission has not yet been granted or has only recently been. I'd have to get into the offices to see paper plans.

This seems odd as I was pretty sure that permission was granted around the same time as phase 1

So does anyone really know what the plans are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

in the closed off section they may be testing the ground to commence, its going to be more of the same as the shopping centre, all they way down, some say a hotel, which would make sense as folks stay overnight to vist the centre from de country, traffic chaos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

This site has been around with nothing on it except a registration for information for ages, I signed up but presumably have been deemed unworthy of revceiveing information now its in action.
    It appears to be just retail no hotel, but won't be complete until 2012:eek: No indication of how many floors. I assume the >2million sq feet includes the existing phase 1. I'm right in thinking that, am I?
    Still no plans/artist impressions available (the flash fly through I would take with a large pinch of sel)
    Very disappointed this have not been mentioned in the local papers

• Advertisement
Advertisement