Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stupid bouncer

• 05-08-2007 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

was in town on friday with my mate and we were going to meet up for a few drink with a couple of ppl in <snip> (i think thats how u spell it?),anyway my mate was wearin white runners,we went up to the door about 10 past ten and the bouncers say sorry dont let anyone in wearin runners..so we said **** it went for a drink somewhere esle,about half an hour later my mate wants to try again and this time we went up to <snip> again with his bird. she trys to ask nicely and convince the porch monkeys at the door just to let us in as there were other ppl we knew inside,the bouncer starts givin it loads that hed like to but he cant,then imediately after he says that some bloke walks out of the place wearin white runners! my mate points this out to him and he starts sayin you should have come earlier (what a joke).then we see him let in another person wearin white runners! and another person going out! ****ing ridiclous as his bird and a load of friends were in there for a going away night and the bouncers just ruined the night for him for nothing! i find bouncers are a pack of ****! ireland is the only country ive seen where this kind of bull**** goes on!id like to point out that neither me or my mate were drinking before hand,but for some reason other peoples money was better then ours!??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

1) It happens in plenty of countries

2) Drink somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

scruff321 wrote:
    anyway my mate was wearin white runners

In fairness plenty of places dont allow people in runners, not the best thing to wear on a night out in town if your going places like <snip> or other clubs with a dress code.
    scruff321 wrote:
    and he starts sayin you should have come earlier (what a joke)

bouncers dont work the door all day, so people walk in in tracksuits, white runners etc... then, when the bouncers start their shift, they cant just go inside and drag all these people out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

He probably didn't let your mate in because he looks ugly and/or poor. He's just saving your mate from the truth so that you two can go on feeling superior to him. Consider it a valuable service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

1) Do you or your mate look like a scumbag? No offence but you have to honestly appraise yourself and think "how do i look?"

2) To two people you saw coming out in white runners may have been in there all day.....if you start on the door and someone is already in there it's hard to move them on.

3) The person you saw going in wearing white runners could have been staff/owners family/delivering something/a well known regular who gets the benefits of being a well know regular or once again may have been in earlier and went to get something , meet someone, have a smoke etc

4) House rules are enforced at management and securities discretion. It's unfortunate but it true.

5) Your entire post leads me to believe you were giving some kind of attitude anyway ( "porch monkeys" - this is actually a derogatory term for a black person...... was the door man black, out of interest? / " i find bouncers to be a pack of ****" etc ) you'd be amazed what us "knuckle draggers" pick up on that you don't even think you are putting across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pigman II wrote:
    He probably didn't let your mate in because he looks ugly and/or poor. He's just saving your mate from the truth so that you two can go on feeling superior to him. Consider it a valuable service.

You don't know how close to the truth that is!.

I've been there so many times over the years...

"Sorry, no trainers....sports wear...<whatever>" and still the wanker won't see that I'm trying my best not to tell him in front of his chic "Listen buddy, you look like a toe rag, now fvck off".

Not saying the OP is one/or looks like one but just backing up what you said!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I bet the white runners your friend was wearing were real scanger bright white from champion sports. I also bet the people you claimed were wearing white runners were actually wearing tan or cream shoes or something.

But really, trying to get into <snip> wearing white runners, lol.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

OP sounds like a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't know what your mate was thinking trying to get in in runners at all... I've never gone to a club wearing runners, because I'm fully aware that bouncers don't let you in when you're wearing them. I wouldn't go to a club wearing a tracksuit either, for that same reason.

<snip> is sh*te anyway, he should count himself lucky he didn't get in.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Pappa-eat-peach

Random comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Please don't mention the name of a venue if you are going to slate it in that manner.
    Bad things happened the last time someone did that.

OT, I don't know anyone who goes to a nightclub wearing runners.
    Most places I know of only allow you in if you are wearing shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

OP sounds like a scumbag.

lol your a typical snob, you dont know me so dont judge me based on an opinion of mine or the way i write what i say.i wasnt wearing runners just my friend,he doesnt look at all like a "scumbag" and neither do i,and hes quite small so hes hardly going to cause trouble,i find that bouncers in alot of places let people in on what mood there in or just go on a power buzz,he wasnt black either for that matter and im not a racist!fair enough wearing runners not the smartest thing,however to be letting people in wearing runner (and yes they were white) is just bull,and ive travelled to many different countries and believe me ireland is the only one were you get **** from the bouncers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Terry wrote:
    Please don't mention the name of a venue if you are going to slate it in that manner.
    Bad things happened the last time someone did that.
    I think there's still one mention in the original post? "we went up to X again with his bird"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

i used to be a bouncer and in a big place occasionally some people who break the dress code slip in. In fact I know i've accidentally let in 16 year olds while 5 mins later hassled 30 year olds for ID. I've also let guys in who 5 mins later are staggering about and need to be thrown out straight away. the just hid the drunkenness quite well
    It happens. You miss things in the madness of irish nitelife
    Also bear in mind the doorman might have given that excuse but really refused your mate for another eg. like he was sounding aggressive or a smartarse.
    I rarely gave the exact reason for refusal.

Honestly you sound like a dick anyway with a description like "porch monkey" or doorman was prob right and an experienced one will easily sense that attitude of you even without you saying much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

scruff321 wrote:
    ive travelled to many different countries and believe me ireland is the only one were you get **** from the bouncers.

What complete rubbish.

I've seen bouncers "act the dick" to people in Edinburgh, Melbourne, Sydney, Spain. Totally depends on the bouncer tbh. Although in this instance your mate was in the wrong, not the bouncer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

porch monkey is a class term for them,should be used more often. all bouncers are gobsh1tes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sometimes the fella at the door, more often the fella trying to get through it, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah bouncers are knobs, all of them. Cos one time I was trying to get in in my Le Coq Sportif trackie and my old Nikes, and he said no! I mean come on, my sovereigns show that I'm not a trouble maker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Judging by your hybrid text talk/type rant i would assume you are in or around 18 years of age.I can understand where you are coming from but its usually around this age you get fed sh1te from bouncers.The thing is maybe they just didn't want to let you in, no reason just maybe they were on a power trip.The thing is as you get older the less hassle you get.Just take your custom somewhere else in the mean time and don't let it ruin your night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah bouncers are knobs, all of them. Cos one time I was trying to get in in my Le Coq Sportif trackie and my old Nikes, and he said no! I mean come on, my sovereigns show that I'm not a trouble maker!

Well you couldn't start a fight if you wanted to because you wouldn't be able to lift your hands up to punch someone with all the weight.

Crucifix wrote:
    I think there's still one mention in the original post? "we went up to X again with his bird"
    Well spotted. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Locked. OP: Use a term like "porch monkey" again and I'll ban you without hestitation. Go rant elsewhere.

Regarding the usage of the term "Porch Monkey", it is an old derogatory term for black people. However I'll let it slide this time as I don't believe the OP knows of its origins.

Also, Dante took it back.

EDIT: Karoma posted before me. His ruling stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Dante!!!? Randal took it back.

Damn it. You're right. And there's me with a Randal quote in my sig.
    :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement