Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing 3G

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

In theory yes, however i doubt theres any software support on that product for doing it. You could just set up an old laptop as a wireless router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 White Widow

yes you can i have mine shared over wired network and wireless at the same time, its exactly like setting up your modem connection for ics
    its most likely a problem with how you have ics configured, google a guide and remove any sharing you had on your old modem, disable ics totally and re-enable it on the 3g, is your ip on your host machine 192.168.0.1
    i can help you with some links if you are still stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

you can share it wirelessly without a router usinng an ad hoc connection between two laptops,its easy to set up,takes 5 minitues

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Thanks for the replies, I tried it with a mates vodafone card. Getting mine onn Tuesday morning. I'll be back for more info.
    Cheers

Advertisement