Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intercompatability

• 05-08-2007 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭

Hey,

This one is for the hackers and tinkerers out there.

Which parts, from which company are compatible with which Airsofts from which companies?

Its a belter I know.

Specifically I'm interested in which accessory companies are compatible with ICS (guarder, King Arms etc) with regard to the externals like RIS, hand rails, pistol grips etc

Some versions of an M4 for example have slightly different dimensions than others.

Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

That's a question that requires a huge answer. I just spent 5 hours today turning an SRC RPK47 into an RPK74 using CYMA parts. Long story short CYMA is TM compatable, SRC isn't :mad:

A lot of people will tell you X should be compatable with Y but only take it as gospel if said person has done the X/Y conversion. You might want to head over to Arnie's Airsoft and do a search on specific company parts, if nothing comes up start a thread asking about it.

The alternative is just get some parts and end up like me, a dremel, engineers files, screwdrivers, allan keys, 50 cigs smoked, every bad word f'ed and blinded, etc. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Fiach Dubh wrote:
    That's a question that requires a huge answer. I just spent 5 hours today turning an SRC RPK47 into an RPK74 using CYMA parts. Long story short CYMA is TM compatable, SRC isn't :mad:

A lot of people will tell you X should be compatable with Y but only take it as gospel if said person has done the X/Y conversion. You might want to head over to Arnie's Airsoft and do a search on specific company parts, if nothing comes up start a thread asking about it.

The alternative is just get some parts and end up like me, a dremel, engineers files, screwdrivers, allan keys, 50 cigs smoked, every bad word f'ed and blinded, etc. :D

Unfortunately I am about as mechanically inclined as a blin four year old with cerebral palsy ...

... which is to say not very. I shall trudge off to Arnies and see what I can find out.

Erm ... good luck with the RPK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

hive,

the thing i do is choose the parts you like and then search. try and get a base line and tm is that baseline for a lot of companies, unless a part is specifically made for something or from the same brand and is aimed as an upgrade.

but as fiach says...a fit needs a bit of 'encouragement' sometimes, in fact a lot of times and thats when you need the tools to encourage a fit...dremel for metal is a life saver and on low speeds it good for some plastics as well..

best to check the web before a purchase to ensure it actually does fit. a company saying it does is way way down the list of trust compared to actual hands on experience.

personalising your aeg is where everyone in airsoft winds up eventually so the sooner you start the better you will get..

good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Well alot of front ends ie ras, handguards are compatable but It is a case of doing some research on the product to see if it will fit. Again most m4/16 stocks are also compatable so if your looking at getting a new stock its most likley going to fit.

What are you planning on doing?

liamo333 wrote:
    Well alot of front ends ie ras, handguards are compatable but It is a case of doing some research on the product to see if it will fit. Again most m4/16 stocks are also compatable so if your looking at getting a new stock its most likley going to fit.

What are you planning on doing?

I have an ICS M4-CQB and as nice as it is (and believe me, it is) I do like the option of being able to refit it to a standard M4/M733 length weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

hive,

i think some of this will be cost and speed. are you talking about quick changes for, say, i want to make the cqb a standard m4 for a couple of months?

the reason i ask, a lot of these changes are not really (IMHO) meant to be swapped back and forth, certainly in my experience anyways. thats not to say, some people dont do it, but for me all you need is to screw up the threading on the barrel or receiver and you are in the crapper for money and no aeg in the meantime.

also the cost may be a lot for each 'skin' which leads me to this...and it is something i did.

i have a cqb from g&g and also wanted a USMC type m4. when i priced it, it was nearly the cost of another aeg to mod it...so thats what i did..i bought a dboys metal one for roughly the same cost.

i expect the dboys gearbox will go sooner or later, but it is cheaper to swap that out when the time comes, maybe put a tm motor in it....but either way i have a choice now of which to play with.

thats what china has given me with their price structure...options

i am not saying dont change it, just check the costs before you commit.

thats my tuppence worth. hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Hivemind,
    I asked Zero One about this and they said that if you ring them and have a chat and they will arrange supplying all the ICS parts of Standard M4 front end.ICS Not TM compatible (no barrel wobble though).
    Apparently G&P front ends work, about €100 I think, check Fire Support.uk
    Apart from that its compatible with all the normal RIS accessories, scope mounts etc etc
    Hope your having fun with it;)

Jelly 292 wrote:
    Hivemind,
    I asked Zero One about this and they said that if you ring them and have a chat and they will arrange supplying all the ICS parts of Standard M4 front end.ICS Not TM compatible (no barrel wobble though).
    Apparently G&P front ends work, about €100 I think, check Fire Support.uk
    Apart from that its compatible with all the normal RIS accessories, scope mounts etc etc
    Hope your having fun with it;)

Lovin' it.

thanks mate.

Advertisement