Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine collection in UK

Options
  • 05-08-2007 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a courier that would collect a V8 engine in Wiltshire and deliver here to Limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

What are you up to now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

This bareley helps but I'm not sure about UPS Interlink or any of the main couriers but there's tons of independant groupage companies that have routes here.

Worst case scenario is that you might have to trailer it from a depot in Dublin or elsewhere but as long as it's on a pallet or in a crate, you should be able to call on one of these shipping companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Try www.vantasks.ie
    Ring and ask for Cormie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dublinsausage

Onkle wrote:
    Try www.vantasks.ie

Hey guess what dude ? I stole your bike , Trashed it and now use it as an exhaust pipe to get mellow on . My Name is Andi Smyth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Hey guess what dude ? I stole your bike , Trashed it and now use it as an exhaust pipe to get mellow on . My Name is Andi Smyth.

Whats with this guy!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

Its possible he has eaten some infected sausages over the weekend and is confused, after hearing about V8 engine and couriers.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Don't worry - they are banned now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

@ op

dont know if this helps but i was quoted from an independent logistics company 200 yoyos each way for a v6 - rosslare to london. they wanted the engine free of oil etc. ill try and get the number for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Onkle wrote:
    Try www.vantasks.ie

I wouldn't be able to match the above price though I'm afraid, it wouldn't even cover the cost of the ferry for my van:(

Although for them to go to Wiltshire might be a different story altogether as I imagine London would be a daily route for them.

I searched for Wiltshire and got a million results on ie.map24.com, which Wiltshire is it do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Check the classic cars section of boards. There is a guy in Carlow I think that picks up cars and parts etc over there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

cormie wrote:
    I searched for Wiltshire and got a million results on ie.map24.com, which Wiltshire is it do you know?
    Hehe :D There's only one, Cormie, it's a county in the south west of England, look on a map :)

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiltshire

Ah yes:) see, I just typed in Wiltshire and got a million wiltshire road, drive, park results and the first one it linked to was actually up near Scotland:o

Edit: Slightly off topic but Alun, you'll probably know, when I was driving in the UK when I would overtake a truck etc and move back into the driving lane, a lot of them flashed just as I was moving in. I'm not sure if this means they are flashing to say it's ok to move in, meaning I timed it just right (:)) or if they are flashing because I moved in too soon (:o)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

cormie wrote:
    Edit: Slightly off topic but Alun, you'll probably know, when I was driving in the UK when I would overtake a truck etc and move back into the driving lane, a lot of them flashed just as I was moving in. I'm not sure if this means they are flashing to say it's ok to move in, meaning I timed it just right (:)) or if they are flashing because I moved in too soon (:o)?
    They should be doing it in Ireland too. I think they flash when it is safe for you to move back in and then again when you are safely back in lane. They did it for me in the Landcruiser too even though my blindspots aren't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

they are flashing to say you are ahead of them and it is safe for you to move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

cormie wrote:
    Yes, like the others said, it's common practice there to signify to the overtaking vehicle that he's clear to pull back in. Not really that applicable to a Transit, but very handy I'd imagine if you're in charge of a long articulated truck. Either that or you were cutting them up :D

Whoo, my timing must be spot on then:D

I was up the North the other day and they seem to do it up there too, suppose once you go past the border, the driving etiquette just slumps:(

Advertisement