Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog prefers sleeping rough?

Options
  • 06-08-2007 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

In line with her street urchin past I notice my collie shuns the expensive and well insulated dog house I made for the dobies and prefers to sleep outside in the open if its not raining and in the quite cool back of my van if it is.

Its not that the dobies won't leave her into their dog house now (previously they did) as she has been accepted by them now as one of their pack.

I even put a large dog tub filled with straw on the garage floor and she still prefers life on the street - well at least in the back yard.:rolleyes:

It seems she just can't stand too much heat. I am not sure sleeping outside is too good for her as she sneezes at least three or four times a day but seems normal health wise.

Just wondered are there temperature ranges collies prefer. I am sure she will retreat into the relative warmth of the garage when the real winter comes but would like to know peoples opinions anyway. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Maybe the dobies snore or smell funny to her? Seriously though, she might just prefer not sleeping with them. Also she might still remember they would not let her in there before so it might be psycological even.
    Maybe get a kennel for her to use herself?

Advertisement