Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HMV Taking MGS 4 Xbox 360 Pre-Orders

• 06-08-2007 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

Retail powerhouse HMV is listing Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots as available for pre-order on the PlayStation 3… and Xbox 360.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=685930

The website lists the PS3 version as hitting Europe on April 18, with the Xbox 360 coming five months later on September 26.

Of course this isn’t solid proof that MGS 4 is coming to 360. But if it is an error, then it’s a big mistake on HMV’s part.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

I did not think it was coming out on xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

hopefully its not a mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

**** Me! :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Woah! Hopefully this isnt a mistake. I was just playing MGS3 there just brings back memories

creggy wrote:
    Woah! Hopefully this isnt a mistake. I was just playing MGS3 there just brings back memories
    MGS3 is a great game.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i really dont want to shell out 600 for a ps3 for one game which ill play on the system much rather a premium 360 with gtaiv and mgs4

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I thought MGS was a PS tittle only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

kearnsr wrote:
    MGS2 was also on the xbox and pc, and MGS1 was ported to the gamecube (Twin Snakes)
    This would be fantastic if it's actually true, I'm gonna wait until its confirmed before getting excited though:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've seen places make up release dates for games so they can start taking pre orders, but announcing a game another console is a new one.
    A timed exclusive is perfectly plausible, but with all the back and forth rumours surrounding this one I'll wait for official word before believing it.
    EDIT: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27372

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanish Guitar

Sorry lads but HMV have already confirmed that it was an error on their part

:mad:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=80868

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

They were always going to say that, but you almost 100% guarentee that this will be on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I knew it wasn't on going to be on it, I don't know how I'd adapted to playing it on the Xbox either.

Nailz wrote:
    I knew it wasn't on going to be on it, I don't know how I'd adapted to playing it on the Xbox either.
    The controlers on the xbox and the ps3 are pretty much the same what do mean by not knowing how to adapted to xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Like, console-wise. I've never played MGS on another platform apart from PlayStation, that's what I mean.

Nailz wrote:
    Like, console-wise. I've never played MGS on another platform apart from PlayStation, that's what I mean.
    Ok then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Even if MGS4 does come to 360 (really doubt it myself, unless it comes a few months after the ps3 release) how are they gonna do the motion-sensing parts that the ps3 sixaxis has?

Are they gona change them bits to a button-bash-a-thon a la shenmue's action sequences?

That would be fairly **** tbh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

All major stores get forecasts for expected sales and expected big sellers.

I am always handed docusments and memos and reports of big products, for example ive already shed light about the 360 elite, halo3, gtaIV and assassins creed.

Ill keep my ears peeled and see if can find stuff out.

Rumour round the HQ is that we forecast a big sale in 360 titles and consoles next year, so it might seem there is another major title on the way post GTAIV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Fieldog wrote:
    Even if MGS4 does come to 360 (really doubt it myself, unless it comes a few months after the ps3 release) how are they gonna do the motion-sensing parts that the ps3 sixaxis has?

Without knowing which aspects in the game are controlled by the sixaxis, I would guess, quite easily. Motion is simply a replacement to pressing a button (Or vice-versa), I doubt there would be anything overly complex that could not be replicated with a button or analogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Without knowing which aspects in the game are controlled by the sixaxis, I would guess, quite easily. Motion is simply a replacement to pressing a button (Or vice-versa), I doubt there would be anything overly complex that could not be replicated with a button or analogue.

If you watch the most recent gameplay trailer theres a part where snake controls a drone/robot thingy with the six-axis controller, one of the only decent times ive seen it been used (six-axis).....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Fieldog wrote:
    If you watch the most recent gameplay trailer theres a part where snake controls a drone/robot thingy with the six-axis controller, one of the only decent times ive seen it been used (six-axis).....

Yep, seen that. Which aspect do you feel would be difficult to replicate on the 360?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

kearnsr wrote:

Yeah.
    I mean it's not as if a load of other P$ exclusives(either completly, or delayed release) are now, or will be, 360 titles.

I mean now if GTA IV, Virtua Fighter 5, Fatal Inertia, Bladestorm: The Hundred Year War, Assasins Creed, Devil May Cry 4, Dynasty Warriors 6, and Haze, all suddenly went from being P$3 games to being on the 360, then I'd think maybe.

Wait a minute!!!!!

:D

Advertisement