Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most advanced Sat Nav?

• 06-08-2007 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

My Airis t920a is good, but it's a bit out of date and as I drive quite a bit, this can be a problem.

I'd like more than just an a-b sat nav though, I'd like an intelligent one that can tell you're stuck in traffic and suggest another route, react to live traffic reports, one you can tell a street has been closed for roadworks and it'll re-route and whatever else.

When I say advanced, I don't mean I want it to have an mp3/video player too, unless it's over 80GB storage;) So just one with a good mapping/navigation system.

Any advice appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

None of the Sat Nav companies provide live traffic info in Ireland. I would imagine that the potential market in Ireland isn't big enough to make it pay for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just on this again, does anyone know of a sat nav you can get the distance from a-b via c WITHOUT being at any of the locations. So say for example, I'm going to be in Galway and will want to know the distance from Galway to Belfast Via Letterkenny, is there any sat nav that will work like ie.map24.com where you input a route and it will give you the distance and estimated time? I'm ALWAYS using ie.map24.com so would love to have the same ability on the move in my van. Oh and of course, I'd want it to be possible to calculate the distance/time even without a signal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My tomTom 720 has a "Prepare Route" function, that lets you set up any route without you being at any of the locations. It works indoors without any signal. It then tells you the distance, time, etc, and lets you do an animated preview of it, or displays the navigation steps in a number of formats (text, pictures, etc). I assume at least some of the other TomToms have this feature. Not sure about other makes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah that's cool:) Don't suppose you can input speed cameras on that too? :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

cormie wrote:
    Ah that's cool:) Don't suppose you can input speed cameras on that too? :D

You sure can !

• Advertisement
Advertisement