Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why East?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Sully wrote:
    Do you get BeatFM in Wicklow? They broadcast only in the South East and their website states the south east as being

See: http://www.beat102103.com/beat-102-103-general/beat-102-103-general/terms--conditions.html (Section 2.1)

Also, Discover Ireland disagrees with you also: http://www.discoverireland.ie/southeast.aspx

In Arklow we do get BeatFm!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

petals wrote:
    In Arklow we do get BeatFm!

i can get fm104 in carrick on shannon if the weather is right it dosnt mean carrick is in dublin on those days

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well you can get Beat up nearly as far as Dublin, but its not an area they specifically broadcast to :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

petals wrote:
    I'm just wondering why is Wicklow in the east section
    This is the point in this thread where my brain started hurting. Every word since (especially petals') brought more pain.

Just glance at a map of Ireland already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

First of all i cant believe i've managed to read 35 posts on this pointless topic, although for some sort of reason i feel the need to comment on it...

This thread is the most worthless piece of web space in history.

IMO
    The whole point of allocating "Wicklow" to a specific region is so that anyone who wants to either read or discuss something about wicklow will know were to go...

And from what i've gathered, everyone who remotely cares (well care is the probably wrong word but you know what i mean) about wicklow, has probably commented on this thread already... therefore the thread itself has solved the initial problem.

everyone now knows that wicklow is in the east region now, which means we will go to "east region" to find/post on wicklow threads....

just lock this thread and stop this farcical debate....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

if you want it locked it so bad, become an admin and do it yourself.

PeakOutput wrote:
    well then your both wrong

I don't think so.. Look at the map.. Draw lines of North-South, East-West.
    Wicklow can be both.. North Wicklow is East
    South Wicklow eg: Arklow is South East

This thread is getting pathetic.. Everyones opinion differs and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

It is possible that counties can be referred to as two different things.. it is possible for drogheda to be referred to as east and north-east.

and it's not just that "locals may find this cute"
    It's on the friggin map.. Dublin is east.. any thing else can be considered south-east or east or north-east or east.

Anyway what's the big deal about it. All I asked was why was wicklow considered east when it could be either..

I could of Quite as easily asked why does Greystones get it's own section?!

Victor wrote:
    The regions were set up the same as the old health board regions.

Ah!!! I see. That's cool I suppose.. Thanks for clearing it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

petals wrote:
    This thread is getting pathetic..
    ...always was...
    petals wrote:
    It's on the friggin map.. Dublin is east.. any thing else can be considered south-east or east or north-east or east.
    From a Cork perspecitve then Waterford could be put into the North East forum, Kerry into a new North North West forum & Donegal into a North North North North North West forum.

* heads to Forums forum to request regional forums by county-specific perspective *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

petals wrote:
    I could of Quite as easily asked why does Greystones get it's own section?!

Greystones & Charlesland (to give the forum its proper name) has its own section because it pre-exists the Wicklow forum and if you care to take a look at the figures, it gets more post than Dublin North, Dublin South, Kildare and the Wicklow Fora Combined. Greystones & Charlesland was originally a Hosted Forum and was moved by the Admins to the Regional category due primarily to the volume of traffic, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I can't believe I just read all that:eek:

Everything's grand the way it is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why West? o_O

Why were we given directions? Why cant we all just get along?

Why, Why oh Why?

Advertisement