Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's gonna win it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm really pleased that Brian won it, he was the only one in there that made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

dont get me wrong im in no way racist but...
    There's very few things in life that you can be guaranteed of, a couple of those are death and taxes. Another one is that if someone says, "I'm not racist but..." you can be guaranteed that the next thing they're gonna say will be racist.

Is it not possible for a black person to win on their own merit?
    channel 4/endemol wanted a black winner to counter-act the 'emily effect'
    So how do you explain people constantly booing Charley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

it stinks of a fix, he was 7/2 this morning. dont get me wrong im in no way racist but i think channel 4/endemol wanted a black winner to counter-act the 'emily effect'

Amen

Sickening - just sickening. Of course when I start ranting about this to my friends tomorrow they're going to say I'm racist or that I'm a big girl's blouse for watching Big Brother - either way I can't win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

That racist angle is a load of nonsense...nice, funny bloke won, the end. Some people are never happy unless they're complaining or fishing for a conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I'm not impressed and to me it smacked of not a fix, but an attempt on behalf of BB to make people lean a certain way.

Think about it. Endemol is charged with not handling racism on CBB properly. Then as luck would have it, they get a 'racist' housemate to evict!
    They then put in a guy, who acts like an utter pervert for 3 weeks but do nothing about it. It just so happens he is black.

On BBBM this evening, Charley attempted to discuss the incident in the caravan (when Brian relieved himself in 2 ways) and Ian Wright walked off mid sentence. I find it weird that it wasn't in his best bits and I also find Davina's treatment of the twins really strange.
    Amanda looked upset and pressured at all the ""go out with Brian" type pressure from Davina and the crowd.

Surely if he was a genuine winner, we'd celebrate his journey fomr pervy drunk to deserved winner? No such journey was made. BB chose to ignore his early indescretions as it suited them to have an 'ethnic' winner this year following the Shetty controversy.

These people are that simple. I've worked with some of them. They really think we're idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I wanted the twins to win but still happy for Brian, he was a deserving winner and the most grateful winner ever probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brian is a Big Brother fanatic, has watched all the series and knows the qualities needed to do well in the show.

He has fooled tons of people by playing the eejit. He entertained fair enough but he also deceived people and for that reason I feel the twins were robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

kittex wrote:
    I'm not impressed and to me it smacked of not a fix, but an attempt on behalf of BB to make people lean a certain way.

Think about it. Endemol is charged with not handling racism on CBB properly. Then as luck would have it, they get a 'racist' housemate to evict!
    They then put in a guy, who acts like an utter pervert for 3 weeks but do nothing about it. It just so happens he is black.

On BBBM this evening, Charley attempted to discuss the incident in the caravan (when Brian relieved himself in 2 ways) and Ian Wright walked off mid sentence. I find it weird that it wasn't in his best bits and I also find Davina's treatment of the twins really strange.
    Amanda looked upset and pressured at all the ""go out with Brian" type pressure from Davina and the crowd.

Surely if he was a genuine winner, we'd celebrate his journey fomr pervy drunk to deserved winner? No such journey was made. BB chose to ignore his early indescretions as it suited them to have an 'ethnic' winner this year following the Shetty controversy.

These people are that simple. I've worked with some of them. They really think we're idiots.

That's the biggest load of crap, I've ever heard. Brian has been favourite to win for weeks. It was always between himself and the twins. The guy deserved to win. How is he a pervert? Bri's a class act and deserved to win. If I was Ian Wright, I too would've walked away from Charley, because no one wants to hear her opinion. And he was treating everyone the same, trying to get as many opinions in as possible. Fact of the matter is, Brian won because he's a nice guy, it has nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Gays, a chick with a dick and even a real woman have won Big Brother but I never thought I'd see the day when a nagger won it.

Brian may be hung like a horse but he's also twice as dumb and four times as ugly. So fair play to him for winning over the GB public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

That's the biggest load of crap, I've ever heard. Brian has been favourite to win for weeks. It was always between himself and the twins. The guy deserved to win. How is he a pervert? Bri's a class act and deserved to win. If I was Ian Wright, I too would've walked away from Charley, because no one wants to hear her opinion. And he was treating everyone the same, trying to get as many opinions in as possible. Fact of the matter is, Brian won because he's a nice guy, it has nothing to do with the colour of his skin.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but I find him incredibly creepy and am irritated by the way BB seem to only give a positive spin on his behaviour.
    Pees the bed? Aww bless.
    Sleazes on the twins? Aww, it's love.
    Sleazes on all the women and tries it on with them all in turn? Awww.
    Loses his temper at everyone behind their backs? Poor Brian.
    Masterbates in front of Charley? Erm, let's ignore that one. She is entitled to mention the incident as it was part of her experience in the house.

I'd feel he deserved it if he had some sort of awareness of himself, you know, had realised there's more to life than obssessing about sex and cider and had worked on his temper. But he still thinks everything he did was OK and much of it wasn't.
    Even at Nadia's win, there was discussion of her strops and stuff. It's just far far too positive and fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Pigman II wrote:
    Gays, a chick with a dick and even a real woman have won Big Brother but I never thought I'd see the day when a nagger won it.

Brian may be hung like a horse but he's also twice as dumb and four times as ugly. So fair play to him for winning over the GB public.

Thats a little harsh dont u think?:cool:

Watching may be stupid, but far less stupid than coming to a forum about the show to complain about people who watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Pigman II wrote:

I'd do him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Put it this way and I'm speaking from a purely gambling perspective. The whole way through the series the bookies were getting it spot on when the evictions were announced. The massive favourite always got the boot, leading me to believe that somebody was tipping them off as to how the voting was going. This could be easily done given the size of the show.

On the day of the final, the twins were about 1/4 to win. Brian was 7/2. By Brian "winning" it makes Endemol look very PC and papers over the cracks of the previous fiascos regarding racist comments.

So all of the evictions, this was the only one the bookies got wrong?

Me ar.se. Fix.

Mezcita wrote:
    By Brian "winning" it makes Endemol look very PC and papers over the cracks of the previous fiascos regarding racist comments.

The winner in no way reflects on Endemol. By the nature of the show, their image can't benefit from any eviction or victory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

zuutroy wrote:
    The winner in no way reflects on Endemol. By the nature of the show, their image can't benefit from any eviction or victory

My mistake. Meant Channel 4.

Advertisement