Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBS in Human Resource managment

Options
  • 06-08-2007 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hello all

I have a 1.1 honours degree and I am thinking about doing a master in Human Resource Management in DCU.

Has anyone done this master? Can you tell me the hours, the workload and about class sizes and lecturers?

How about the competition to get into the masters? Would a 1.1 put me ahead or does the subject matter? It says they accept both business and non business graduates.

What are the employment prospects like? There appears to be loads of jobs out there for HR graduates. However is it a case of having to do anything in order to get experience?

In Ireland they can be so tough about requiring experience when you are fresh out of college. I mean where do they expect you to get 2 years experience when you have been in college/school your entire life? Its a bit of a catch 22.

At least I have 1 years admin experience and I worked in an international school as an administrator/trainer. So it won t be as hard as having zero experience whatsoever maybe?

I d really appreciate some advice about HR.

Thanks

Honey

Advertisement