Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Stairs for conversion

Options
  • 06-08-2007 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm hoping to to convert my attic. It a timber frame house and has strenghtened floor trusts, I am wondering where can I get an idea of designs and costing for a staircase. ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I suppose a good start would be some of the joinery firms - try yellow pages.

Moving this to Gardening & DIY ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

OP: watch the fire regs before u spend money on stairs.

It u are going to a third storey then the internal doors down below will neeed to be self closing and fire rated[ not bathrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Stairs can cost €4000+ depending on what you want. Fire reg it has to be full width stairs for exiting purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

mad m wrote:
    Stairs can cost €4000+ depending on what you want. Fire reg it has to be full width stairs for exiting purposes.

I got a stairs done (all to regulation) excellent job for €2500 all included

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

eamon234 wrote:
    I got a stairs done (all to regulation) excellent job for €2500 all included

There you go....Great price....Friend of mine got a stairs done for 10K...Yes 10grand....madness. It was handmade as usual but done in a walnut and spindals were sprayed a cream colour to match walnut...Turned out beautiful, but 10grand!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement