Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henry Rix Tipster

Options
  • 06-08-2007 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Colleague wants me to go halves with him for sub to this chap. Does any one know his track record? If I look at his website, all I get are his winners, there is no mention of his total number of selections.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

He had a column in the RacingPost a few years ago and I thought he was very good. (I definitely remember his 'Why you must back Pasternak' column on the days of that colts Cambridgeshire win which quickly moved the price from 10s to 5s).

I Googled a bit, and linked below is a section from some horse racing forum where a couple of people are discussing him.

http://www.ukhorseracing.co.uk/forum/ShowNearbyMessages.asp?ID=72511

Seems that you shouldn't pay the full price on his site, as his information is available cheaper on some other site.

Also some of the prices he claims to have backed winners at are very difficult for the average punter to get as bookies cut the prices very quick.

And because he plays at the 10/1+ end of the market, then be prepared for the variance of long losing runs.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

How much is it setting you back? No tipster is guaranteed winners. If you really do want to follow tips, why not just buy a newspaper? A lot cheaper and I reckon they all have the same kind of strikerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

He had a great Tuesday at Cheltenham this year and then from Wednesday on I was getting his tips by e-mail from a mate. Not one winner over the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday if I remember correctly. Can't be having with any of this pay-per-tip stuff. If I was going to invest serious money, I'd by some arbing software, much better for making money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

For Irish Racing turform is superb with its analysis cost €5 online for each meeting and allows you cut the fields down to about 5 horses and pick regular winners.
    www.turform.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Bateman wrote:
    He had a great Tuesday at Cheltenham this year and then from Wednesday on I was getting his tips by e-mail from a mate. Not one winner over the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday if I remember correctly. Can't be having with any of this pay-per-tip stuff. If I was going to invest serious money, I'd by some arbing software, much better for making money.
    Do you have any experience with this? I was looking at this guys site today:
    http://www.sportsarbitragereview.co.uk/index.htm

I think I might build up enough of a balance to make it worth my while. The software that lad uses (Arbsurfer Pro) costs almost €200 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

eirebhoy wrote:
    Do you have any experience with this? I was looking at this guys site today:
    http://www.sportsarbitragereview.co.uk/index.htm

I think I might build up enough of a balance to make it worth my while. The software that lad uses (Arbsurfer Pro) costs almost €200 a month.

Hey eirebhoy, I did a bit of reading up on this after you (I couldn't resist the whole "risk free gambling" sell! :o ) but it seems the above guy was actually heavily affiliated with one of the main guy he promotes on his website.

Check out, http://www.sports-arbitrage.info/5/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I don't have any experience with any of the arbing packages, I wouldn't be thinking of investing now because it's not practical for me to be gambling all day in work. With all the evening racing in the summer, if I was going to take the plunge and invest, it would probably be in April/March of next year, so that I'd have plenty of weekend racing to perfect use of the software, and then make the serious money on the evening (as well as weekend) racing right through the summer. That would be conditional on me making more money on English and Spanish football than I did last season though. :o

BTW the software I was looking at was the traffic light system or something like that, I know you can google it for more info anyway. It's based entirely on betfair, and costs a hell of a lot more than that auld lad's "journals".

Advertisement