Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth, sending multiple files in one go

• 06-08-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I have a Billionton Bluetooth dongle and transferred some files to a BT phone yesterday, a 4MB file took about 20 secs, which is fine.

Is it possible to send multiple files with one click? It's a bit tiresome to have select files one by one when sending 50+ files over to the phone..

Yes, I know I can send via a datacable , but dont have one (yet)..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

flodis79 wrote:
    I have a Billionton Bluetooth dongle and transferred some files to a BT phone yesterday, a 4MB file took about 20 secs, which is fine.

Is it possible to send multiple files with one click? It's a bit tiresome to have select files one by one when sending 50+ files over to the phone..

Yes, I know I can send via a datacable , but dont have one (yet)..
    You'd prolly be better off with a media card reader. Just insert the card and transfer that way. (I presume you're transferring to a card) The readers are fairly cheap to buy and really really handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

tallus wrote:
    You'd prolly be better off with a media card reader. Just insert the card and transfer that way. (I presume you're transferring to a card) The readers are fairly cheap to buy and really really handy.

I have a mem card reader, but it is in some way faulty and has corrupted a few card. Will follow your suggestion and get a new one. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

The Bluetooth Software that I have on my laptop allows you to select multiple files to send. Maybe you could download other software that will allow you to do this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Webmonkey wrote:
    The Bluetooth Software that I have on my laptop allows you to select multiple files to send. Maybe you could download other software that will allow you to do this

Interesting. What software do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It's installed in Program Files under "Bluetooth Toshiba Stack"

Found it here: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Toshiba-Bluetooth-Stack-40036-T-.shtml

Don't know if it exactly same one now or not and amnt sure if it will only work with certain bluetooth devices. Mine came with my laptop and is built in bluetooth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can you right click and send via bluetooth on your PC? Then you just need to select a load and send them all together.

I'd suggest you pair both your phone and your computer first though and tick the options on your phone which say things like "let this device do what it likes", "accept files from this device without prompting" and I'd imagine you'd be good to go.

Also, if it's a Nokia, you should be able to install Nokia PC Suite and then brow se your phone like a hard drive through the software - meaning no annoying prompts for each file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My nokia appears in windows explorer and I can drag/drop, copy/paste files to and from the phone just as from folder to folder. this is after installing PC-Suite and pairing the phone and laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I kinda like the idea of my laptop being able to recieve files fom my desktop without a home network being created - of which I have'nt got a clue where to start. Using Bluetooth I can send files pretty sharpish however I would like to know - What's the largest file you can send over Bluetooth?

Advertisement