Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

It's only a matter of time...

• 06-08-2007 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

...before this one ends up on one of those black metal caption top tens

"I'm a little teapot..."

immortal_071307_03.jpg

:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

"Hark! The warning bell, the city needs me!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

"Hey Macarena, aiiiiii"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

"Damn, I can never get this right. One more try.... Its fun to stay at the YMC..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

l'oreal, because i'm worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

put your left foot in take your left foot out in out in out and shake it all about......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

"No, really, I'm the European shot-put champion!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Death-metal penis extension makes for a 23% increase in fret-****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It's his impression of Hulk-a-mania.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

*stops in middle of song* "Just a second while I swat this fly on the wall"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

"1..2..3..vogue"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, I think it's sad that the piss-taking has completely overshadowed Immortals accomplishments as a band. And I don't even understand why they've been singled out from the numerous other, and possibly even more ridiculous Black Metal bands that there are out there. Hell, it seems that even Mortiis isn't being taken this piss out of half as much. No fair.

I'm probably going to be unpopular in this thread for saying it, but Immortal ****ing rock!

Honestly, I wonder how many people here have actually listened to them? I'll say without doubt that the album At The Heart Of Winter was possibly one of the best Black Metal releases of all time, and when a lot of the scene was busy sucking off Darkthrone and appearing moody, Immortal released one of the most crushing albums out there, taking in a lot of Thrash influences and altogether smashing most of what was being released at the time.

Besides, I don't think any silly captioning is going to match the awesomeness of how frontman Abbath introduces the song Solarfall here:

:D

****ing classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

"no, this is what you call a pit"

You know, I think it's sad that the piss-taking has completely overshadowed Immortals accomplishments as a band. And I don't even understand why they've been singled out from the numerous other, and possibly even more ridiculous Black Metal bands that there are out there. Hell, it seems that even Mortiis isn't being taken this piss out of half as much. No fair.

I'm probably going to be unpopular in this thread for saying it, but Immortal ****ing rock!

Honestly, I wonder how many people here have actually listened to them? I'll say without doubt that the album At The Heart Of Winter was possibly one of the best Black Metal releases of all time, and when a lot of the scene was busy sucking off Darkthrone and appearing moody, Immortal released one of the most crushing albums out there, taking in a lot of Thrash influences and altogether smashing most of what was being released at the time.

Besides, I don't think any silly captioning is going to match the awesomeness of how frontman Abbath introduces the song Solarfall here:

:D

****ing classic!

But that was very funny....I thought you wanted us to take them seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

But that was very funny....I thought you wanted us to take them seriously.

That's the thing I've discovered about death/black/"whatever adjective you want to use so you can pretend one type of fast noise is different to another" metal as I get older - you just can't listen to a bunch of suburban white dudes going "Rrrrruuuuuaaaaaghhhh obliteration of mankind rrrrrrraaaaaauuugh crimson skies rrrrrrrraaaaaauuuuugh" for an hour without laughing. A friend of mine gave me a Mastodon CD for my birthday. I couldn't listen to it all in one sitting as I just cracked up and had to switch it off. It's impossible to take it seriously, or even at face value.

That's the thing I've discovered about death/black/"whatever adjective you want to use so you can pretend one type of fast noise is different to another" metal as I get older - you just can't listen to a bunch of suburban white dudes going "Rrrrruuuuuaaaaaghhhh obliteration of mankind rrrrrrraaaaaauuugh crimson skies rrrrrrrraaaaaauuuuugh" for an hour without laughing. A friend of mine gave me a Mastodon CD for my birthday. I couldn't listen to it all in one sitting as I just cracked up and had to switch it off. It's impossible to take it seriously, or even at face value.

Racist bastard.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll jump in with Ken on this one, Immortal ****ing rawk - that's all there is to it. Slutmonkey, tbh, if you're not clever enough to be able to tell the difference between all those very distinctly different blends of metal, STFU.

As for my caption: Does my bum look big in this?

Kharn wrote:
    if you're not clever enough to be able to tell the difference between all those very distinctly different blends of metal, STFU.
    Well now we've all seen the light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

hard to take guys in makeup seriously
    kiss /king diamond rip off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Kharn wrote:
    I'll jump in with Ken on this one, Immortal ****ing rawk
    Seconded, seen the live last weekend at Wacken, fking incredible band, laugh at them if you must, but their still miles ahead of 99% of the music thats out there.

Kharn wrote:
    I'll jump in with Ken on this one, Immortal ****ing rawk - that's all there is to it. Slutmonkey, tbh, if you're not clever enough to be able to tell the difference between all those very distinctly different blends of metal, STFU.

As for my caption: Does my bum look big in this?

Ah, the patronising attitude of the true hardcore metal fan.

You know classical composers will look down on you far more for thinking there's a difference between Immortal and Napalm Death, than you are on me currently? But clearly I haven't a clue what I'm talking about and you're the musical expert.

Rock on dude. Rock on. And if you can keep a straight face at an Immortal concert, then good luck to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm plenty sure any half-arsed classical composer would appreciate a Cynic tune and look down on the generic craprock bands like MCR put out. What makes you think they wouldn't see the difference? I can tell the difference between baroqe, romantic, modern classical, because they're very distinct and obvious. Tell Bach the differences between the various breeds of metal and he can spot them too. Do not pretend you are better than people because you can't hear distinct differences that they can. I suppose it's true that ignorance is bliss though. Enjoy your easy-listening generica. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

You know classical composers will look down on you far more for thinking there's a difference between Immortal and Napalm Death, than you are on me currently?
    Apart from not liking Mastodon, your taste in music is broken. If I cared more, I'd pity you.

neGev wrote:
    Apart from not liking Mastodon, your taste in music is broken. If I cared more, I'd pity you.

Jesus. Somebody's taste cannot, by definition, be "broken", you mindless scenester. It can only be "not the same as yours", and only a 16 year old kid thinks that "not the same as me" = "worthless". Most of the rest of us grow out of it.

Christ... Look up the word ironic in the dictionary, Slutmonkey.

Enough of this...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement