Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back degsy...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would like to voice my outrage at degsy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

seamus wrote:
    I would like to voice my outrage at degsy.

Admit it, it turned you on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Mostly anyone who's posted Tubgirl has been banned. I don't know where you're getting those facts, Agamemnon.

Someone, can't remember who, posted a link that lovely lady in the Thunderdome a few months back. The link was deleted but the poster wasn't banned. I'll post the link if I can find it (the link to the post, not Tubgirl).
    At this stage I've gone beyond simply bring desensitised to Tubgirl, and now I think she's actually quite hot. I mean, if you look past her rather unsavoury activity, she's got a seriously gorgeous ass, and she's obviously flexable. I mean, I certainly would. I'd prefer if she had a shower first though. ;)

What man wouldn't want a celeb babe like Tubgirl on his arm? Only problem is, you'd want to bring plenty of pooper scoopers with you when you're out on the town with her. Litter wardens fantasise about busting someone like her to make a name for themselves.
    Duiske_Lad wrote:
    You know the urge you get to Google something, even though you know you probably should'nt ? I just did !!

That'll learn you. Next time you get one of those urges, turn off your computer and have a bit of an aul' pray for yourself.

Nah, I'm just sticking my nose in for no reason. I would be of the opinion though that anything of a scatalogical nature deserves some sort of site ban, regardless of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Yeah agreed but then that should be stickied to the top of page. "No pictures of people taking a crap." Then we know where we stand. IMO a pic of someone taking a dump isn't as offensive as saying you'd love to anally rape a posters sister. But thats just me....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

togster wrote:
    Yeah agreed but then that should be stickied to the top of page. "No pictures of people taking a crap." Then we know where we stand. IMO a pic of someone taking a dump isn't as offensive as saying you'd love to anally rape a posters sister. But thats just me....:eek:

Oh FFS. "No NSFW stuff" maybe, but beyond that, if someone's been around a while and still thinks that those kind of pictures are acceptable to post in-thread, they're idiots. There's a reason some forums like AH don't let you post items directly in-thread anymore, and it's because it gets continually exploited.

I don't agree that an explicit and detailed statement about what is or isn't allowed site-wide is really needed, because frankly if we're at a point where the defence is "it wasn't explicitly written down that pics of people pooing aren't allowed", we're already at a worrying stage.

togster wrote:
    Yeah agreed but then that should be stickied to the top of page. "No pictures of people taking a crap." Then we know where we stand.
    Would you like the moderators to hold your hand when you go to the toilet too?

Common sense rules. There are things you just don't post, that it doesn't need to be said. Basically, if you would be happy having it on the screen while your dear old Gran or another human being is looking over your shoulder, then it's OK. If someone taking a **** is included in that, then you need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

seamus wrote:
    Would you like the moderators to hold your hand when you go to the toilet too?

Only if they have a camera I imagine...

seamus wrote:
    Basically, if you would be happy having it on the screen while your dear old Gran or another human being is looking over your shoulder, then it's OK. If someone taking a **** is included in that, then you need help.

Glad thats cleared up now. So basically boards works on some airy fairy principle that if your mother approves it then its ok. I don't live with my "old dear gran". Does that mean i can't use boards. I certainly wouldn't want my gran to see some of the other stuff demmed appropriate in the thunderdrome. I don't think she would appreciate other posters talking about ejaculating on her face.IMO rules are there for a reason. But in the thunderdrome the lines are blurred. It doesn't have a charter or guidelines. Why have charters and rules if its up to yourself what you deem responsible behaviour??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

togster wrote:
    I don't think she would appreciate other posters talking about ejaculating on her face.

Are you really trying to say that you don't grasp the difference between talking about something and embedding a picture of someone doing that something?

• Advertisement

Fysh wrote:
    Are you really trying to say that you don't grasp the difference between talking about something and embedding a picture of someone doing that something?

Eh yeah. So you can say whatever you want?? Racism, incitement to violence, intention to commit a crime.. But its ok as long as you don't embed a pic of it??

Fysh wrote:
    Oh FFS. "No NSFW stuff"

Yeah thats what im asking for. And thank you im not an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I don't get this. Ok, there are no obvious rules in the thunderdome and yes you can type up whatever you want, although a lot of the stuff in the thunderdome is just rubbish anyway and childlike. But you cant post NSFW photos on boards.ie. I know that because after even a week or two here you get the "feel" of the site. I post on other sites, including ones where you can stick up whatever you want and we all know on that site that you can because that is the "feel" of it.

There has been many times when I wanted to tell the latest Maddie joke I heard, or post some of the more exotic photos I knicked off the net somewhere on boards.ie but I have because I know it is against the general rules (albeit unwritten) of the site.

What is good about this is that, for those who didnt know about these rules already, you do now, and you cant plead ignorance anymore.

togster wrote:

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have it as some sort of announcement-style message somewhere. As others have said, the whole "no NSFW content" rule is generally something you'll pick up after a while around the forums. But given the number of people who hang around, say, the Thunderdome and Cuckoo's Nest who might not regularly take part in other more tightly regulated areas of the forum, I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I still can't help but think that a charter seems somehow against the whole principle of the Thunderdome, but anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

togster wrote:
    Glad thats cleared up now. So basically boards works on some airy fairy principle that if your mother approves it then its ok. I don't live with my "old dear gran". Does that mean i can't use boards. I certainly wouldn't want my gran to see some of the other stuff demmed appropriate in the thunderdrome. I don't think she would appreciate other posters talking about ejaculating on her face.IMO rules are there for a reason. But in the thunderdrome the lines are blurred. It doesn't have a charter or guidelines. Why have charters and rules if its up to yourself what you deem responsible behaviour??
    It's been said before many times, but the charter isn't actually a set of rules, it's a set of guidelines.

In the thunderdome there is also no sticky about a certain music promoter, yet I don't think anybody would assume that it's somehow ok to discuss them there, even though you can't on the rest of the site. There's also no proper charter here in Feedback either, yet people have been banned for the usual stuff like personal abuse.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

look degsy knows he has over stepped the mark and is taking his banning (is rather proud of the fact he managed to get banned from TTD) so why in gods name is everyone so heat up about this - he got banned, he will be back on the 17th and he is still going to the beers - no big deal, we have all been banned a few times - everyone should just chill

There has been many times when I wanted to tell the latest Maddie joke I heard.

Get in contact with Hagar and/or Rabies about this - they may be able to help ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Is he banned from ALL of boards? That happened to me once. It's a bit annoying. The 17th seems a bit extreme, mine was just three days (during which my online productivity soared).

irishbird wrote:
    look degsy knows he has over stepped the mark and is taking his banning (is rather proud of the fact he managed to get banned from TTD) so why in gods name is everyone so heat up about this - he got banned, he will be back on the 17th and he is still going to the beers - no big deal, we have all been banned a few times - everyone should just chill

Nobody is getting upset about anything. You chill. We are just discussing it. Jebus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Just get rid of the 'Dome. Every thread over there urns into an insult thread by morons who have no idea why its there in the first place.

Its a grand place for a rant but its not worth all the shite stuffed in there.

• Advertisement

togster wrote:
    Eh yeah. So you can say whatever you want?? Racism, incitement to violence, intention to commit a crime.. But its ok as long as you don't embed a pic of it??
    :rolleyes:

Look, if you walked into a pub and didn't see a "Please don't **** on the floor" sign, would you think that makes it OK to drop your cacks and crimp off a loaf onto the tiles? When you're being thrown out on the street, would you complain that they never said you couldn't?

Every poster is expected to show a small bit of civilised decency to some degree or another. The charter is not a set of rules, it's an explanation of what is expected on the forum in terms of content. For many forums, it also makes people note specific topics which may not be discussed on the forum - this is for the purposes of avoiding confusion. There are a set of normal unspoken rules outside of the charter (and which supercede most charters) by which people are expected to behave.

If you have a problem with not having everything written down and made clear to you, then I wonder how in God's name you manage to function in society without a big book of societal dos and donts.

On boards, one is expected to behave like something approaching a civilised person.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Myth wrote:
    Get in contact with Hagar and/or Rabies about this - they may be able to help ;)

Ah I was just about to say that.

seamus wrote:
    :drop your cacks and crimp off a loaf onto the tiles

Beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

6th wrote:
    Just get rid of the 'Dome. Every thread over there urns into an insult thread by morons who have no idea why its there in the first place.

Its a grand place for a rant but its not worth all the shite stuffed in there.

come onto the IT and say that.....;) I seem to remember you've had a rant or two yourself in there from time to time....one mans rant is another mans ****e.

A rant is one thing but there are sad bastards who just stay there and dont go anywhere else on Boards. Its like they cant function properly and hide away.

Seriusly its a waste of space, same crap every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Are you talking about The Thunderdome or Paranormal? (you take my point, right?)

Anyway, the dome is a magnet for those posters you wouldn't like to see more of on boards. For that alone, it's worth keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Fysh wrote:
    togster wrote:

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have it as some sort of announcement-style message somewhere.

An announcement-style message that togster is not an idiot? Like, I'm sure it'd be useful and all, but give it some time and everyone would be wanting one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

tbh wrote:
    Are you talking about The Thunderdome or Paranormal? (you take my point, right?)

Anyway, the dome is a magnet for those posters you wouldn't like to see more of on boards. For that alone, it's worth keeping.
    Would these wasters be near any proper forums if the Thunderdome wasn't there?? I doubt there would be many left hanging around.

And I've seen some threads moved there for no apparent reason. Amp works in mysterious ways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I think a lot of bannings around here are unjustified. However, Degsy probably did overstep the mark. Maybe he should have just been banned from TTD for a bit, or something less than a siteban.

Annnyyyywaaaaaayyyyyy, what I'm really posting for is to compliment togster on being able to argue (reasonably successfully, IMHO) that posting a pic of somebody taking a dump is acceptable. He's answering the points made against him in a convincing way.

Fair play to you mate. Are you a lawyer?

If you're not, u should look into it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

tallaght01 wrote:
    I think a lot of bannings around here are unjustified.

We noticed. ;)
    tallaght01 wrote:
    Fair play to you mate. Are you a lawyer?

If togster were female, I'd say she was one of Degsy's five girlfriends.

Advertisement