Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back degsy...

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

did the togster fight da power and win???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, tCN is not a clique, in fact it tends to be quite a welcoming forum to new posters. However, any forum which has a core of regular posters can appear exclusive / cliquish to others, especially a forum where taking the pish is fairly much the norm.

I would agree however that the Nest would benefit from some new blood. It would also be great to see some of the "old" regulars pop back in from time to time ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

@ faceman. I haven't achieved anything. The thinderdrome remains as it is at the moment. I have re-stated numerous times what my issues are.
    But Dev stated this

"The Thunderdome is basically the "back of the bike sheds" for Boards. If you are having right old ding dong battle with someone and its p|ssing off the rest of the forum, the mod can move the thread to the Thunderdome and you can continue your "debate" there.

Be warned. There are NO RULES beyond the state's common law in there. Anything goes that is legal. The site's standard civility rules are not in play. It will be unmoderated except for the admins and there will be no warnings for transgressions of the law. Your account will simply be completely suspended."

According to this there are no rules beyond the states common law. Is posting a pic like degs did contrary to irish law?? According to other posters the pic was contrary to common descency but accoeding to the above quote

"The site's standard civility rules are not in play". Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this a contradiction in terms.

Look i agree with the banning if it had been alluded to before the fact or there had been a charter saying that "the sites civility rules still apply". The banning is unjust in my opinion as no forewarning was given of the grounds for such a ban.

Admins i am not trying to start a row just pointing out that although you do of course have the right to do whatever you want a little "civility" and clarity toward your users would go along way.
    Sorry for post length. Its the last time im posting here
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

togster wrote:

According to this there are no rules beyond the states common law. Is posting a pic like degs did contrary to irish law??

According to Talli yes, yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

well.. I mean if you're stupid enough to post in something labeled

and not expect to be banned.. :rolleyes:

uh huh.. to be honest, I'm one of them. But when you dont go to bed, and there's nothing but shíte/uninteresting stuff/ something you dont want to comment on, in the other fora... what else to do - but post a lot of shíte in the place you certainly wont get banned for it. Makes sense, no?

tCN is fun.. and you say there's a clique.. not really.. we're more just a group of people that are accustomed to eachother, and looking for a good laugh..

That re-enforces my point..... I didn't post in something labelled "Post here and you will be banned" however certain posters seem to have licence to post there and NOT be banned...why is this? Why was there no rply to my pm requesting info re"banning" why was I not told in the first place.

There is a certain smugness in certain mods on Boards.ie which generates all the bad feeling from posters.

Stand back a little and have a look at instead of basking in a pool of self adoration sometime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Spot on Flutter, Pighead was banned many moons ago by amp for reasons unknown. No PM, no warning, no nothing!

Despite many pleas to be let back into the Nest the ban has remained. Thankfully Pighead is a strong and resillient character. Lesser men would have wept at the unfairness of it all.

hm.. well i dont recall anyone being banned pointlessly.. then again.. i wouldnt put it past amp :D

I know you didnt say there was a clique.. i was referring to FB with that :)

I think we have discovered the truth of the matter:confused:

Pighead wrote:
    Spot on Flutter, Pighead was banned many moons ago by amp for reasons unknown. No PM, no warning, no nothing!

Despite many pleas to be let back into the Nest the ban has remained. Thankfully Pighead is a strong and resillient character. Lesser men would have wept at the unfairness of it all.

Console yourself in the fact its the Nest's loss Mr Pighead,and the fact that they obviously knew that your razor sharp porcine wit would show them as the second division players they are.

Just an aside; I ran into Degsy today and he is delighted with the amount of attention that he has recieved about his banning!

Degsy for mod of the revamped thunderdome!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

togster wrote:
    @ faceman. I haven't achieved anything. The thinderdrome remains as it is at the moment. I have re-stated numerous times what my issues are.
    But Dev stated this

"The Thunderdome is basically the "back of the bike sheds" for Boards. If you are having right old ding dong battle with someone and its p|ssing off the rest of the forum, the mod can move the thread to the Thunderdome and you can continue your "debate" there.

Be warned. There are NO RULES beyond the state's common law in there. Anything goes that is legal. The site's standard civility rules are not in play. It will be unmoderated except for the admins and there will be no warnings for transgressions of the law. Your account will simply be completely suspended."

According to this there are no rules beyond the states common law. Is posting a pic like degs did contrary to irish law?? According to other posters the pic was contrary to common descency but accoeding to the above quote

"The site's standard civility rules are not in play". Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this a contradiction in terms.

Look i agree with the banning if it had been alluded to before the fact or there had been a charter saying that "the sites civility rules still apply". The banning is unjust in my opinion as no forewarning was given of the grounds for such a ban.

Admins i am not trying to start a row just pointing out that although you do of course have the right to do whatever you want a little "civility" and clarity toward your users would go along way.
    Sorry for post length. Its the last time im posting here
    T
    Just read post #90 and you will have all your questions answered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Just an aside; I ran into Degsy today and he is delighted with the amount of attention that he has recieved about his banning!

Great to see he hasn't taken the hump. Look forward to seeing him back. Still wondering how he thought that picture would fly though? I would have thought he'd have realized that nsfw stuff wasn't permitted generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

People push the boundaries from time to time, it's human nature.

Degsy will soon be back sucking air among us once more.

Advertisement