Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade 8800 640 GTS to GTX?

Options
  • 06-08-2007 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a fairly good spec PC (E6600, 4GB RAM) and was wondering what people's thoughts are on upgrading from a 640MB 8800GTS to a GTX? I can source a GTX at a reasonable price and reckon I could upgrade for about 100 euro after selling my GTS. I mostly game at 1600x1200 and play racing sims, flight sims and will play upcoming games such as Bioshock and Crysis.
    For roughly the same outlay I could upgrade from a 20" widscreen TFT to a 22" instead. Would this be a better bet? Thanks for any advice...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Salut Darwin!

Personally, I would upgrade from the GTS to the GTX, especially with Crysis just around the corner! I wouldn't care too much about an extra 2" on my TFT...

But it's up to you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

i wouldnt waste of money tbh , wait untill crysis comes out and untill we get benchies might be better investing it now and gettin a 8900 or 3000 when there out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If you can get it for just €100 then I'd say it's worth it but no more than that.

You can never have too much power :D

Advertisement