Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tomtom Go 910 drooping car mount

• 06-08-2007 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I got myself a new Tomtom Go 910 and I'm having problems with the windshield car mount. It seems pretty sturdy but while driving it's drooping and after a while the Tomtom sags so low that I can't see the screen properly.

I've been fixing that by stuffing a rubber pad underneath it, similar to rolling up a mousepad.. Not something you want to do with a brand new top of the range device.

I've read up on the net an it seems to be a common problem with older models, however looking at the sites that sell the new and updated Tomtom mount it would seem that it's exactly the same as mine.. either that, or Tomtom didn't update their models when they pushed the new one. The one I got is 4A00.109.2, AV980040010.

Is there a way of fixing this problem for good? Maybe with an after-market car mount or some other way rather than stuffing things under the drooping mount? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Netman , Are you turning the locking disc to the second position ?

This disc has two settings: hold the mount to the windshield, turn the disc into position one and the sucker attaches itself. Turn the disc into position two and the ball hinge locks itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Yeah, it definitely locked properly and it's in second position.

I washed the windshield, dried it, attached the suction cup in unlocked position, then turned it fully into locked position while pressing on it firmly to keep it attached.

In locked position there's definitely more resistance in the mount, but not enough to keep the device level. Maybe in a brand new car on european roads it works fine, but in a 10 year-old car on Irish roads it's not able to keep it level.

I checked some more photos and it looks like I have the latest version of the mount. :(

There are ways around it , but it involves taking the mount apart . Are you up to the challange ????;)

I was going to suggest calling/droping a line to Tomtom's customer support and getting them to send you a replacement , but i see there is no availability at the moment .

This will help you determine which one you have : http://www.yournav.com/m.php?ft=592

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I checked that link, looks like I have the new one (with that little bit of plastic sticking out behind the connectors).

I don't mind modding it, I'm handy with the dremel, and worst case if I mess it up they're not expensive to replace. What would be involved in modding it to make it more sturdy? :D

I've emailed their support team yesterday but haven't heard anything back. I'm guessing there won't be much help from Tomtom customer service here.

Advertisement