Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football

• 06-08-2007 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Im doing a fantasy football tournament for the sun with a few of my mates. I dont normally do too good in it. Its always the cheap players that no one else has that win it for them.
    Unlike the premier league fantasy football you cant make transfers every week so you have to pick them right from the start.

What cheap players would you recommend to get and why?

I have a good feeling Blackburn defenders will do good this season.

Kewell is cheap at 2.0 mil ( but do you think he will play?)

http://www.dreamteamfc.com/fg-dtfc07/login.do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Im in one from the sun with a load of mates/work colleagues, we do it every year.
    I prefer the sun to the premier lge one, its way harder imo.
    I havent finalised my team yet but here's some general advice

Play 4-3-3 as midfielders tend to earn less points than strikers. (ronaldo & lampard the exceptions)
    for the same reason spend as little as possible on midfielders but make sure theyll play every game
    Ljungberg could be good value at £2m
    I have Jenas in my team at £4m and he's my most expensive midfielder.

Buy Ronney or Drogba (or both if you can afford them!!)

have a look at the likes of andy johnson, benni mcarthy, theyre reasonably priced. Bellamy could be good value at £2m

try have your back 4 and keeper all from the following teams:
    Man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool, spurs

chimbonda could be a good buy at 3m, especially if he goes to chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

modmuffin wrote:
    Im in one from the sun with a load of mates/work colleagues, we do it every year.
    I prefer the sun to the premier lge one, its way harder imo.
    I havent finalised my team yet but here's some general advice

Play 4-3-3 as midfielders tend to earn less points than strikers. (ronaldo & lampard the exceptions)
    for the same reason spend as little as possible on midfielders but make sure theyll play every game
    Ljungberg could be good value at £2m
    I have Jenas in my team at £4m and he's my most expensive midfielder.

Buy Ronney or Drogba (or both if you can afford them!!)

have a look at the likes of andy johnson, benni mcarthy, theyre reasonably priced. Bellamy could be good value at £2m

try have your back 4 and keeper all from the following teams:
    Man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool, spurs

chimbonda could be a good buy at 3m, especially if he goes to chelsea.

I think midfielders have done better the last two years as they have added in 2 points for clean sheets.

Does ljunberg count as an Arsenal player?

i just picked a team there. Ooijer is great value at 1.5mil
    Eboue 3.0 will be good as he will be playing midfield this year.

Do you think hibbert will get his game? - he is 1.5 and Everton are in europe, so that would be a big advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

For me its a toss up between Ooijer and Rozenhal from newcastle.
    I havent decided which.

Im not too sure about hibbert tbh

For midfielders you want players that will be playing every game, are english (more likely to get star man) and might pop up with a few goals.
    Midfield is the area ill be looking to save as much £££ as possible.

Ashton is a steal at £1m
    however im not sure if im gonna pick him....Its looking like me front 3 is either Drogba/Rooney/Van Persie or else Drogba/Rooney/Ashton :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Will Evra be first choice left full for Utd?? good price at £3m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Keith C wrote:
    Will Evra be first choice left full for Utd?? good price at £3m
    yeah he will be! Heinze is going and Silvestre doesnt pose mush of a challenge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

Dean Ashton 1.0 mil? (cheapest in the game)

West Hams main striker for getting goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've done one in the Irish Daily Mirror along with my Dad. Should be fun to see which one of us does better although he usually does a lot better than me. In the Mirror's one you have 60 million and you can't have more than three players from the same team. Here's my team below:

(G) J. Lehman / Arsenal / £5.0m
    (D) P. Evra / Man. Utd / £6.5m
    (D) L. Baines / Everton / £3.5m
    (D) R. Anderson / Sunderland / £2.5m
    (D) P. McShane / Sunderland / £2.5m
    (M) C. Ronaldo / Man. Utd / £9.0m
    (M) F. Malouda / Chelsea / £6.0m
    (M) K. Richardson / Sunderland / £3.0m
    (F) D. Berbatov / Tottenham / £8.0m
    (F) W. Rooney / Man. Utd / £9.0m
    (F) K. Doyle / Reading / £5.0m

Total: £60m

As you can see I've taken a big gamble going with Sunderland's new defenders so hopefully Keano's men will prove a tough team to break down. I reckon Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov will have a good season. I think Malouda will be a hit if he gets games and I can see Richardson proving a very nice signing for Roy Keane. Not sure about Doyle this season but I'll be rooting for the lad. :D

Advertisement