Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this a CDJ Killer? The Cortex HDTT-5000

• 06-08-2007 3:40pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

20070608110846_8299_HDTT5000_lores_angled.jpg
    http://www.cortex-pro.com/hdtt_5000.php

From DjMag.com
    This thing is big, bold and looks set to challenge the likes of the Pioneer CDJ-1000 as the deck of choice.

One of the major advantages of the HDTT-5000 over other players is that it can read digital audio files directly from USB drives.

There’s no less than five USB ports for connecting hard drives, thumb drives or CD/DVD Rom drives, and it works equally well with PC or Mac formatted drives, and of course the ubiquitous iPod.

A nice feature of the HDTT range is that two units can be chained together so that they can both access tracks from the same hard drive without swapping cables.

The large blue LCD is essential for navigating and searching for tracks on the hard drives. It can display directories exactly as they appear on a computer, plus it has database software to help organize massive music collections.

The HDTT-5000 has stacks of potential as a serious tool for live remixing. It’s loaded with a dozen DSP effects including filters, echos, flangers and more, all of which can be tweaked in real-time.

The powerful real-time looping feature goes one better than typical CD players can. Loop points can be edited and trimmed until they sound perfect and the waveform display makes this job a whole lot easier. Beat syncing comes as standard, and DJs can set their own lengths four the four loop banks.

The all important touch-sensitive platter will be the make or break point of this machine. If they get the vinyl emulation spot on, then Cortex may well be onto a winner. Check these pages for the first reviews.

Price: £599

Released: September

Glad to see things are moving in the fully digital direction. Messing with CD's is a pain in the ass, so muchbetter to have all your music on a memory jey or hard drive etc. It's cheaper than the CDJ-1000 MK3's and has more features, I wonder if the build quality will be up to par?

I can't wait to see what Pioneer will release next...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

not that I know anything about these things but it looks the biz! I just ordered the Behringer BCD3000 so as I said, I am only new to all of this and want to learn some more about mixing without having to fork out lots of dough! If I suddenly realise I am the next Oakenfold or Carl Cox then I will splash out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i was wondering when i saw these..............do they actually play off cds or just straight from your harddrive?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Looks like just the harddrive. No CD slot at the front anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The cd's were already killed in my opinion by numarks CDX. They also have the HDX which has an 80g hard-drive as well as cd play with a far superior platter. The file access is much better on those coretex ones though and the hdx's cost a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ethan823

not a chance, the pitch on it is only 0.5%. cdj 1000's are 0.2%. plus it all comes down to user friendly. what way the bttons are layed out and the overall feel of it. cant see this taken over pioneer tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

agree with ethan if the increments are 0.5 not a chance am i giving up my pio mk3's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's 0.1 on the hdx btw :P Time to win the lotto.

Advertisement