Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Broadband for gaming

Options
  • 06-08-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Before you all go. No it's not possible (which it isn't presently). I happened to be looking at Tom Clancy;s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 today as I was thinking of buying it. And on the back there is 3's logo alongside the normal things like gamespy etc.

Does this mean 3 thinks it is capable of supporting online gaming?

I had to look twice....

I can't think of any other reasons it would be there unless 3 were looking at getting their service suitable for online gaming.

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I might just buy the game to complain to 3 that my connection doesn't work with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Xcellor wrote:
    I might just buy the game to complain to 3 that my connection doesn't work with it :D
    It is technically possible but the pings and unreliability of mobile technology will give you more headaches than play time, not even mentioning the problems 3 customers have been having lately.

Yeah but if they endorse a game and put their logo on it then they are saying our service is suitable for this game. Since this is a FPS I'd imagine the latency requirement would be quite important. If someone has the game i'd love to see how it works :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Are you sure its a 3 logo for the three mobile company and not some other company?

brim4brim wrote:
    Are you sure its a 3 logo for the three mobile company and not some other company?

Definitely for 3. Their logo is quite unique with the jagged bit inside. I took pictures of it on my mobile so I could compare but cant find cable to download them to comp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

That might be 3 UK rather than 3 Ireland. Maybe the Network in the UK is up to snuff. I doubt that they make/package games specifically for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Any kind of fast moving game is no good on any supplier of 3G/HSDPA anywhere, pings are 150ms to 350ms.

Presently all 3 customers use the UK network (although this is going to change).

Since the technology they are using in the UK should fairly much equal that here I would expect it to be able to offer the same performance.

I just think it's interesting. 3 must have thought about the gaming market to have endorsed this game. I did read that with upgrades mobile broadband could reduce the latency significantly but have no idea if this will happen.

Advertisement