Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New washbasin - how much tiling required

Options
  • 06-08-2007 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Just had our attic converted and we had a washbasin installed. I'm wondering what area around the washbasin I need to tile. I'm thinking just a couple of rows of tiles immediately above the washbasin.. would this be ok?

Do I need to tile at all?

Here's a picture. Advice would be appreciated.

washbasin.jpg

Thanks,

Jody

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You don't need to tile it, it's really up to you.

A few tiles or a splash-back as it's known would be fine IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

the splash back is literally just there to protect the wall in an environment that its likely to get wet frequently.
    You can put whatever you want there from tiles, to paint, paint then perspex even stainless if you want.

I think a few tiles always looks a bit "weird" as its hard to know when to stop but not leave it looking unfinished.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

GreeBo wrote:
    I think a few tiles always looks a bit "weird" as its hard to know when to stop but not leave it looking unfinished.:o

That's exactly what the wife thinks!

It's not going to be used all that much, so we'll probable just paint around it for now and see later if tiling is needed.

Advertisement