Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident today... Keep an eye out lads if you will

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Gil_Dub wrote:
    Fingers crossed and all that.

Gil

we can only hope the toe rag gets his deserts. and hopefully the flat foots will hit him a few slaps for the hassle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Gil_Dub wrote:
    The helpful Gardaí who attended are working nights at the moment and will be spending this very evening working their way through roughly 30 minutes of northbound traffic to see if the toe-rag came through the M50 on the morning of the 'alleged incident'.....
    Are you serious? Sounds pretty thorough. Maybe they prefer that to being out in the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hopefully now...

As long as everybody is videotaping everybody else, justice will be done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

OP any updates on this. I hope this gets sorted out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

ballooba wrote:
    Are you serious? Sounds pretty thorough. Maybe they prefer that to being out in the squad.

She's been really bang on about all of it. And hard at work. People in immediate need of assistance taken priority - I know, I've been phoning for the past two weeks....The only chance she'll get to sift through the tape/CD is late at night, if people give them a break. Unfortunately it's a reality that Finglas Garda and Fire Brigade are the busiest per man/woman in Dublin, by all accounts.

Anyway, credit where it's due, they're taking care of business, mine and everyone elses.... I'll let you know if it's yay or nay soon as I hear.

Gil

• Advertisement

Looks like the Gardaí have done the business - The M50 footage has been reviewed and they have a plate. It's going to be a long and protracted process to bring the guy to justice though, as he's outside our jurisdiction unfortunately. That said, I'll take a civil suit against him in the UK or NI if it comes down to it - My back's not been right for the last 4 weeks and I've been losing sleep as a result, and I'm told that could last for a very long time :(

Anyway - This one's going to take some time, so maybe a moderator can close this thread in a bit, and I'll open a new thread down the line just to bring everyone up to speed on how it all works out?

Thanks again all, and herself says kiitos (thanks) too,

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Glad to hear that at least there is a squint of light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope it all goes well for you and your back comes right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Glad to hear you have the Culprit. And I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope he gets his just desserts, and you get some R&R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I am glad to hear this, Gil.

Kudos to the garda who knuckled down and got a result. It's often forgotten, but should always be commended, that members of the force (and emergency services) do a sterling job day in and day out.

If you go down the legal route, it would be best to lock this, and reopen/link to it down the line when the situation gets resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thats good news.

I'd love to see his face when he realises he's been traced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

great, thankfully the gardai have done their job and hope it goes well from here on in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Exellent news if a bit daunting too - law and lawyers are'nt to be taken lightly.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Glad to hear the LR has been identified. Obviously it won't get sorted out straight away, but I hope knowing that the culprit has been identified is some consolation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Excellent news. I'm sure PSNI will be more than willing to help out as soon as they see a photo of the Vit.

NTM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

delighted he's been found on CCTV. Garda and PSNI co-operate all the time with regards to drivers from north & south misbehaving in the north or south.

so they will be able to track him pretty quickly for you to bring your civil suit against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Good. I was just thinking of it earlier today. Now the wheels are in motion (no pun originally intended :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wow, you did well to get out of that wreck unscathed! :eek: Can't believe that low-life didn't have the sack to stop.

Glad to hear they got a reg, and I hope you get every penny you want out of him. Hopefully you and your missus aint too traumatised by the whole thing. Certainly can't have been a pleasant experience :(

Good luck to ya anyway and keep us posted -- we're nosey buggers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

Excellent news gilly and hope you're feeling better soon and sleeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

That is fantastic news. Glad you have something to progress with. I wish you the best of luck with the whole process!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Brilliant news, only thinking about this when driving to the airport via the M50 at 5.15 the other morning. Hope the twit gets what he/she has coming to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Thats great news, delighted that the WANKER ( sorry to curse but it makes my blood boil that someone would do such a thing) was found.
    Does this mean I can now stop checking every dark Land rover that I pass by on the road, I swear to god every time I saw one I thought of this thread.

Hope it all works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Good news :)
    Gil_Dub wrote:
    maybe a moderator can close this thread in a bit, and I'll open a new thread down the line just to bring everyone up to speed on how it all works out?

I'll leave it open so feel free to update us with any developments here on the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Just reading the updates, for some reason I hadn't envisaged that the wreck would be so bad !

Thank God you both escaped with your lives and that now it appears progress is being made ! The boys in blue deserve a lot of credit for their work and sometimes I feel we berate them too much on here !

Hope it works out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Ok, i read through this thread and i cant see the pics the OP put up of his wreckage, which i wouldnt mind seeing out of interest. Can someone point me to them.
    Hope you get the scumbag by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

Nuttzy wrote:
    Ok, i read through this thread and i cant see the pics the OP put up of his wreckage, which i wouldnt mind seeing out of interest. Can someone point me to them.
    Hope you get the scumbag by the way!

Post #54

Okay lads, The statements been made to the Gardaí and they've provided me with the information I need to take a civil case if required. They're approaching the relevant authorities and will request an international arrest warrant be issued.... I'm chuffed. I'll let you know how it all works out. Cheers, Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Gil

Well done in persuing this.

Best of luck with the case and hope your back is feeling better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

chef wrote:
    Does this mean I can now stop checking every dark Land rover that I pass by on the road, I swear to god every time I saw one I thought of this thread.

Hope it all works out for you.

Same here,great to hear they've been tracked down. Was getting tired looking at the rear end of every Land Rover I came across. God I was probably checking out LR's that weren't even the right model but still worth the effort.

What about the first Boards.ie public stoning.:D

All the best on the road to recovery.

Gil,

Fan-Bloody-Tastic news....told ya he would be done for it!

Like I said before i'm claims investigator in an insurance company, if you need advise or help, just shout !

Best of luck with the recovery.
    Spy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

When you say he is outside the juristiction, is he in the north or the UK. Remember the north is only an hour away and it is very simple to pop up and have a chat with someone....

Advertisement