Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Radio Installation

Options
  • 06-08-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm going to replace a stock Ford radio/mc unit with a standard size Sony unit. I have a blanking plate, removal keys and the new radio but still need a power cable adaptor (FORD -> ISO). I've seen these on various websites, well various ebay auctions anyway, and wonder if I can pick one up in somewhere like halfords or maplin. Does anyone know if they are common enough and how much do they cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

onikage,
    I got mine in a privately owned car parts store, cost me 15 euros, im guessing halfords have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

they a comon enough and every good store should stoke one. prices could vary from 10-20 euro so shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Most car stereo/alarm fitters will have the cable you want. Somewhere like here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Onikage wrote:
    Hi all

I'm going to replace a stock Ford radio/mc unit with a standard size Sony unit. I have a blanking plate, removal keys and the new radio but still need a power cable adaptor (FORD -> ISO). I've seen these on various websites, well various ebay auctions anyway, and wonder if I can pick one up in somewhere like halfords or maplin. Does anyone know if they are common enough and how much do they cost?

IS this a new model 2005? Where did you get the blanking plate?

• Advertisement

for the 2005 up models you need a different facia plate. the radio is bigger and wider then the old ones like the one below:

40_165l_369.jpg

excellent thanks. Does that come with a removal key?

no it doesn't.
    The original radio needs 4 keys to remove it.
    if you have an image i could pin-point them out for you.

BTW you also need a harness adaptor for an after market radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Gegerty wrote:
    IS this a new model 2005? Where did you get the blanking plate?

It is a pre-2005 model.

The blanking plate came from Ebay, sellers name escapes me.

louie wrote:
    no it doesn't.
    The original radio needs 4 keys to remove it.
    if you have an image i could pin-point them out for you.

BTW you also need a harness adaptor for an after market radio.

I see where the keys need to go. Will a standard OEM key do? Do you know will I be able to connect the steering wheel stereo controls? I'm thinking of getting a Pioneer DEH P75BT

• Advertisement

This site seem to do adapters for a range of brands including pioneer. THEBASSBIN

Think I have what I need now. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement