Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiling hot water tap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

oleras wrote:
    i dont know how practicle these are, but i think they look fantastic, and i would think they would save money in the long run, between heating water in a kettle or on the hob. What do ye guys think ?

Basicly it's an old fashioned geyser. You've a 1.3kW element heating water in a tank just below the kitchen sink. Can't see it being any cheaper to run, in fact much more likely to be alot more expensive, as it keeps it's reservoir hot all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Them prices are mental ,you can get instantaneous water heaters for a lot less.
    Plus you connect it to the tap thats there already.

They normally require about 2kw ,ariston is a brand available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

we need to compare apples with apples here and not with anything else.

The link the OP provided shows a 2.5 litre reservoir, the arsiton has a 15 litre one.

Both use a lot of juice as they keep the water heated at that temp all day, at least with a kettle u boil it and use it.

A 2 kw circuit will not deliver instantaneous hot water: the ariston is not an instantaneous hot water heater
    an electric shower is but it draws 12 or more KW and requires either 6 or 10 square cable from the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

EP10 UR/2kW.
    You'll find it's a 2KW /10litre unit, undersink instant water heater:)

EDIT:
    Eh ,sorry irocha ,it only dawned on me what you mean.
    The last instantaneous water heater I installed was about 10 years ago ,my mistake.

I never go near the fuse board on jobs ,leave that to the sparks. I mostly install combi-boilers for direct hot water, never electrical water heaters.

Advertisement