Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This week on arcade...

• 06-08-2007 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

The arcade classic Track & Field is coming to arcade this week for 400 points.

I just thought we might use one "This week on arcade..." thread to be updated weekly like the Virtual Console.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dear Lord, Track and Field. joypads everywhere must be cowering at the return of the destroyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i lost count of how many joypads i broke because of this game.

i might get a 360 to play this again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Dear Lord, Track and Field. joypads everywhere must be cowering at the return of the destroyer.

:D:D:D

More money revenue for the evil corporation M$.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Retr0gamer wrote:
    ah the memories!!

Gonna be harder to do with just a thumb stick, wonder how thats gonna work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Probably use the shoulder buttons (or A, B, A, B, A, B, ABABABABABABA :D)
    I can see a need for replacement Joypads on standby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Hexic 2 (800 points) and Ecco The Dolphin (400 points) released this Wednesday. I already have Ecco on the VC and call me cheap but I think hexic is overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have very healthy scores on track and field :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Define healthy, as I doubt your thumbs are :)

I'll probably get Ecco as I've always wanted to finish that off but had no patience on the smaller screen of my PSP with the Megadrive Collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

when the fcuk is sensible soccer coming out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

August 29th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

I'll get hexic for the bird. Its the only game she plays. Some times I let her have a game of hexic in barter so I can play a proper game for a while

kensutz wrote:
    August 29th

Thank you kind sir, been looking forward to this for ages

Space Giraffe for 400 points and Street Trace NYC for 800 points out this Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

street trace nyc was reviewed in OXM about 3 months ago! and its only coming out now?

space giraffe looked cool in the XBLA games montage on the marketplace, they only showed about 5 seconds of it, but a cool 5 seconds all the same

Super puzzle fighter will be released next Wednesday. Sensible Soccer too apparently. Good times for arcade lovers.

Instead of Sensible Soccer we're getting War Worlds.

Released this week - Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix.
    800 points - it used to be good fun, and will hopefully be easier on the controller than Track and Field :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I don't think Sensible Soccer is available until the end of September....

http://play.tm/wire/click/1485727

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

There's an expansion pack for Bomberman Live coming out today.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Bomb-Up-Pack-1-Blasts-Onto-Xbox-Live-This-Wednesday-6061.html
    Cost 250 points. I think this'll be added to my collection. Bomberman has been getting more play time than most of my other games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think Streets of Rage 2 is also there this week. Can't remember seeing it there before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Wing Commander Arena was out earlier this month but unfortunatley it sucked. Deleted the unlocked version after 10 mins.

Easy Rider wrote:
    I don't think Sensible Soccer is available until the end of September....

http://play.tm/wire/click/1485727

them ***** :mad:

Will SWOS be using real team names?
    - Probably not, given the whole FIFA / Pro-Evo thing. (EA usually get exclusive licences for leagues).
    - Any my thinking was that they might be waiting for the Transfer Window to close to have current team rosters? No point releasing it now, if by Saturday it will already be dated (e.g. Solskjaer still at Utd :( , etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Will SWOS be using real team names?
    - Probably not, given the whole FIFA / Pro-Evo thing. (EA usually get exclusive licences for leagues).
    - Any my thinking was that they might be waiting for the Transfer Window to close to have current team rosters? No point releasing it now, if by Saturday it will already be dated (e.g. Solskjaer still at Utd :( , etc.)

Well if it's anything like the original SWOS it will be highly editable.

Make your own teams, change player names, kits etc.

Shouldn't be a problem

WellyJ wrote:
    Well if it's anything like the original SWOS it will be highly editable.

Make your own teams, change player names, kits etc.

Shouldn't be a problem
    Very true. I can't see many people having the patience to go and edit team and player information for 20 teams using the 360 controller, though.

Either way - I'll be looking forward to it, whenever it gets here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Very true. I can't see many people having the patience to go and edit team and player information for 20 teams using the 360 controller, though.

Either way - I'll be looking forward to it, whenever it gets here.

I did it on my mega drive back in the day :D:D

Spent a whole summer playing that game and editing it

Oh and this should make it easier!

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/04/qwerty-xbox-360.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I downloaded Puzzle Fighter and Streets of Rage 2 earlier, but I've vowed not to play them until after my exams are finished on Friday. Next time I get points, I'll get SWOS, I haven't played it in years! And perhaps Sonic 2 will be out then, that'd be sweet...

Sonic 2 is on it's way :p ... no fixed date, though. :(

Definitely one to get some points in for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shoobaloo

Just downloaded the Bombup pack for Bomberman Live. The new levels aren't great but not bad for a couple of Euro.

• Advertisement

There are two games arriving next Wednesday, Fatal Fury Special and Cyberball 2072 for 400 points each.

A select group of XBLA games will be available for half price this weekend. The four titles are Zuma, Small Arms, Dig Dug, and Gauntlet. Zuma and Small Arms will be available for 400 points, while Dig Dug and Gauntlet will be 200 points each. It runs from 4am on Sunday to 1am on Tuesday September 3rd.

Sensible Soccer, War Worlds, Sonic 2 and Street Fighter HD due in September too. Good times for arcade enthusiasts.

Advertisement