Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need workshop to skim engine head

Options
  • 06-08-2007 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

The head gasket on my Punto has gone, and it's possible to do all the work myself, with the exception of skimming the engine head.

Can anyone recommend a good workshop, preferably southside but all recommendations welcome, where I could get this done?

I've been given the name of Farrell's in Greenmount, but I'd like a few more options as I need to get this done as quickly as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Falkner (sp?) in Ringsend.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

There's a crowd in Glasnevin - can't remember the name and I've never used them but you'll find them in the Golden Pages. I've used Loftus Farrell myself and would highly recommend them - no excuses or messing, just good work. There's another crowd in Enfield, Co Meath with a good reputation (again, Golden Pages) but I've no direct experience of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Howard Engineering:

Unit 24 Moyle rd Glasnevin Indstl est Glasnevin Dublin 11

Ph. (01)8827555

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd have no hesitation in recommending Lofty Farrell (Greenmount). Top notch set up. The cleanest workshop I've ever seen. Used to use the place all the time and never had any problems.

BR Howards are good too - a garage I deal with always have good things to say about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Can also highly recomend Lofty Farrell's. Work in a main dealer and we send all over heads there for skim and overhaul. never have had a problem and we use them 2-4 times most weeks.

EDIT also if you ask they can usually have a head back the same day if you have it down to them in the morning once its just a skim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I used Loftus Farrell several times, excellent work !

I used to use Howards but heard a few bad stories lately !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Yep, Lofty Farrell all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for all the recommendations. Farell's would have been ideal but they weren't open today.

Tried all the workshops in town today - they all seem to be closed for the builder's holidays.

So we ended up going to Enfield. Brilliant people, well recommended. Head skimmed for 45 euro, with gasket and kit for the Punto bringing the total to 110 euro, VAT included.

Could not recommend them enough.

Advertisement